Intel Is Pissing Me Off!

Yes but those boards will have different chipsets Intel has proven to dominate chipsets for their processors. Yeah you can overclock but overclocking on a mediocre chipset but you'll just be gaining back what you lost for using the chipset in the first place. Of course unless somebody comes out with a chipset thats on par with Intels and does have the overclocking option then thats a whole other story. The best thing to do is just wait and see.

P.S.

Since were on the topic of the new Intels why all of a sudden are they putting these 1X PCI slots on the PCI Express boards? What is going to use them?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the reasons you stated for leaving Intel are flawed. The only points you made that where valid are the fragile socket pins and possibly the heat. Several socket 775 baords will have an agp slot, will overclock just fine, and will be ATX form factor.

and if intel has it's way they'll all be using VIA or SIS chipsets. so don't hold your breath on it actually happening, cuz we all know how intel's lawyers are kept close at hand to be released on VIA :( Intel has been very clear about not wanting to deal with AGP, DDR, and ATX... plus the boards that were shown at comdex (or where ever the heck it was), were just eye candy of what companies "could" do if intel will allow it.

as far as no overclocking: well it's pretty darn simple. intel is in the business of selling cpus, right? you want the fastest cpu out there, get out your wallet! cuz that's the way you're going to have to go

yes i have read thet in a recent magazine about the new processors not being overclockable, i agree its stupid. but thats intel. anyways i will say it before someone else does, that this is in the wrong category guys!!

anyway. i have always had amd, cause everyone knows that with intel chips, you dont get what u pay for because they bottleneck the stuff so there is a huge trafficjam of data! god u have to be dumb or in denial to buy pentium over AMD.

because................A M D are kings of the pc industry.

word to yo mutha. Ice, ice, baby.

hard I think I'm in love with you... I've been waiting 15 years for somebody to quote me, yes that's right I'm Vanilla Ice! I would like to apologize for my music getting outside of the borders of the US. I was told it was contained by our government... dang.

On a revelant note - yea, I sense a major shift in our specific community of extremists towards AMD.. Those who don't, will later and realize it. The day of AMD rulage is near muahahaha. But my question is this, maybe you'd know bigred - will this apparent lack in practicality (forcing these wierd parameters on Mobo and chipset manufactuers) eventually cause your Dells and Compaqs to attempt an AMD shift for your average dumb PC user? Or do they all have contracts (handcuffs now) with Intel till computing becomes biological?

anyway. i have always had amd, cause everyone knows that with intel chips, you dont get what u pay for because they bottleneck the stuff so there is a huge trafficjam of data!

What!? :huh::blink::unsure::wacko: