What happened around here.

slick2500

On 3/14/2023 at 5:58 PM, nVidia_Freak said:

Hey y'all, it sure has been a minute.

What's happened here seems to be happening to some degree at a lot of the old-head places like [H], Guru3D, OCN, Rage3D and so on. Probably, life getting in the way is a big part of it, but, it also seems like there is not a strong supply of young folks coming in after us. And for whatever reason, OCC has been impacted a lot more than other places.

The 'young folks' would rather ask questions/lurk on sites like Reddit. If anyone is to blame for whats happening, its Reddit IMO. Can't blame reddit though, its just how the internet has evolved.

VBulletin forums used to be EVERYWHERE, they're not as popular anymore.

On 3/23/2023 at 11:42 PM, Encrypted_God said:

Orrrr...... Being Attached or addicted to what's really important; social media

I have tried to do Facebook for things, but the people in the groups are so stupid and toxic. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just found this little UberLlama tucked away. Maybe this rings a bell for some of you, too! I forgot who made this back in the day, and what all the biz about llamas was anyway, but I remember being into it lol.

https://imgur.com/a/yJ3z1TG

Edited by nVidia_Freak
old image embedding doesnt work

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

World is moving on fast but I'm still here. Don't frequent forums as much but still have great memories of this place that will last a lifetime. Nice to see familiar faces checking in here over time.

Exactly. Everyone moves on. It's just for the 'ol members, like me, is almost watching your mother dying slowly.

I know it sounds dramatic but we've seen a lot of crap, helped thousands of gamers and shared hundreds and thousands of laughs. The one true and the most funniest was; "don't pet the Llamas"

Let's not forget the time it took to write up reviews of the-said computer part (which I took on the role).

Oh... And as busy this sight was the more Mods we needed that would be available around the clock. Which I also had that job here.

Anyways....OCC was a huge part of my life back in 2004-2011

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, InCrYsIs said:

I'm back! Hope everyone is well.  I saw this post so I thought it would be a good place to say hello.  I drifted off mostly because of job change and giving up on building PCs.

Good to see you bud :)

• 1 month later...