What happened around here.

slick2500

While I definitely wasn't as active as a lot of the people I've seen in this thread, I've been here for awhile.

Decided to see if this place was still kicking since I just recently started doing a few upgrades to my rig and was pleasantly surprised to see it still somewhat alive.

Like a lot of you have already said, forums in general have been falling off for years now.  it's kinda funny to me that a lot of people here have been switching to consoles for gaming where I've almost entirely abandoned them for PC unless I've got friends over and wanna play Smash bros or I'm playing older consoles on my CRT's

The nature of PC's has changed a LOT since I first joined back in 2008, on one hand, it's a LOT easier to just, slap something together and have it just, work, on the other hand, I kind of miss having to fiddle with stuff to really get a rig dialed in and running excellent.

Life also gets in the way, I'm finally starting to move forward this year after an absolutely terrible 21/22, finally have a job I can consider a career after WAY too long working way too hard for way too little.

I've really gone all in collecting old analog A/V tech the last couple of years myself, mainly CRT's, VCR's and Cassette/8-track's.  Hoping to have a nice little work room setup in the basement by the end of next year so I can finally get around to testing, refreshing, and repairing the hoard of old I have stashed down there.

I'm actually still using a pair of 17" CRT monitors as secondaries on my current PC

Anyway, nice to see this place is still here, thanks for the memories, reviews, and advice over the years, and cheers to many more