FLDC

road-runner

Well I might have solved my 3 slot problem. I was running some overclock tests on the Asus Strix card and noticed some strange artifacts at stock settings. I didn't even get to the OC testing part. I guess a week of folding killed the card. Sending it back to newegg under the 30-day policy and gonna buy a different brand. So this defective card may have something to do with the system crashing under load. It is strange that I was able to fold with it messed up. Maybe it is producing errors in the WU :wallbash:

Note to self - run stress tests and benchmarks before folding with card to make sure its not defective out of the box.

I think NVIDIA is hitting the limit of how many transistors you can pack into a GPU. 12 billion transistors is a lot to fab and run at 2Ghz. There are bound to be some that will fail after a bit of use but passes the initial QC. Now I know the best way to test a new video card. Fold for a week :teehee:

I'm glad the Strix died, the software is garbage and you cannot put a waterblock on it without voiding the warranty (stupid sticker). Gonna buy EVGA again next since I know they allow for aftermarket modifications. The rest of the brands from talking to reps say it voids the warranty.

For windows if you go under Configure you'll find a tab called Identity. that will tell you all your information.

Did that. :) Just  not seeing any results in folding coin so thought I might have misconfigured something.

You wont see anything in your wallet but once a month is payout. Another two and half weeks till the next one.   http://foldingcoin.net/

Why the switch?

It has the daily payouts, so I wanted to see how much I'd get. Left it running on two cards over the weekend and they did the same in curecoin as the other two did on zcash. So switched all four over to folding because it seems to definitely be better atm.

As always though the payouts are directly Affected by the teams ppd, so ymmv.

Edit: It is probably also important to mention that the value of zcash was quite low this weekend, but the dual payout (curecoin and fldc) seems hard to beat... + science.

Edited by scr4wl

Why the switch?

It has the daily payouts, so I wanted to see how much I'd get. Left it running on two cards over the weekend and they did the same in curecoin as the other two did on zcash. So switched all four over to folding because it seems to definitely be better atm.

As always though the payouts are directly Affected by the teams ppd, so ymmv.

Edit: It is probably also important to mention that the value of zcash was quite low this weekend, but the dual payout (curecoin and fldc) seems hard to beat... + science.

Whats is zcash?