FLDC

road-runner

I got the last 1080ti going yesterday EVGA FTW3 but it died in the middle of the night. I even stuck the card in the win 10 rig that has three and windows disabled it due to a problem with the card or so it said in device manager... Its on its way back for RMA

Ah lame! well it is a good way to test cards lol.

I got the last 1080ti going yesterday EVGA FTW3 but it died in the middle of the night. I even stuck the card in the win 10 rig that has three and windows disabled it due to a problem with the card or so it said in device manager... Its on its way back for RMA

That sucks! 

So my Thermaltake Case fan died monday. I guess running at 100% for a month wasn't the best for it :woot: . I ended up getting a Noctua industrial 2000RPM 140mm fan. Man does this thing rock and roll. Practically double my airflow going out of the case and dropped the video cards temps 3c. Not bad for a case fan. This is rated for 150,000 hours so I'll see if they mean 100% 24/7 :whistling:. I'll get back to you in 17 years :teehee:.

So my Thermaltake Case fan died monday. I guess running at 100% for a month wasn't the best for it :woot: . I ended up getting a Noctua industrial 2000RPM 140mm fan. Man does this thing rock and roll. Practically double my airflow going out of the case and dropped the video cards temps 3c. Not bad for a case fan. This is rated for 150,000 hours so I'll see if they mean 100% 24/7 :whistling:. I'll get back to you in 17 years :teehee:.

Noctua fans are the real deal. I am still using some that are over 8 years old and they just keep ticking. I have had many a cheaper fan die on me but these....They keep a running. 

I think my luck ran out. I can't seem to get 3 cards to run in this Z77 system. After about 10 minutes the computer restarts while folding. I got the Seasonic 1000watt plat powering it and its only drawing 800 from the wall so I don't think that is the problem. All 3 slots work by themselves and in 2 card configuration.... My best guess is some safety on the the motherboard is tripping with 3 cards under load. Not sure what that would be but it looks like I'll have to move one of the cards to my main system.

I've had a few skt 1151 boards have similar problems until after a BIOS update. (2x asrock boards and 1 gigabyte)

If you don't have the newest bios on the board, might be worth a shot.

I think my luck ran out. I can't seem to get 3 cards to run in this Z77 system. After about 10 minutes the computer restarts while folding. I got the Seasonic 1000watt plat powering it and its only drawing 800 from the wall so I don't think that is the problem. All 3 slots work by themselves and in 2 card configuration.... My best guess is some safety on the the motherboard is tripping with 3 cards under load. Not sure what that would be but it looks like I'll have to move one of the cards to my main system.

My Asus Z270 WS has a 6-pin EATX 12V plug,.. just above top PCIe slot for running 3-way, 4-way SLI,.. does your board have one. 

Edited by Braegnok

Good thinking! I kinda forgot the PCIE slot draws power, but sadly no extra power connectors :( Its a MSI Z77a-G45 and I dont think the 3rd slot was meant to be used for anything with a real power draw like a video card. I'm gonna hit up ebay and see if I can find a used motherboard.