10 years!

suchuwato

I have been a member for 5 years as of 9 days ago. I remember just being that weird kid with the Dell E521. 

Now I'm just the guy with the same 1155 config he has been running for 4 years. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came in Nov. 2003, but I was away for quite a while, just recently coming back aboard the folding train.   ;)

Edited by pdbuzz

My membership date says Apr 2006.  But my 10 year mark at OCC will be in 2018.  Figure that out math nerds :lol:

You came over in the merge from DIY Street. As did I, mine says November 2006.

i dont want to do anymore thread hunt's, was it frank who did his own thread/review hunt for some ram?, that was tough!

yeah that was frank. I couldn't find it and i'm terrible at thread hunts. I just think it will get people back on the forums. I have a few cases laying around, though you wouldn't want some of them haha.

I blame AMD for why OCC and for that mater many OTHER forums are slowing down.  That and with many of us starting out here before we had real jobs and lives to contend with vs now.  I'm 27 and In the process of buying a house...I don't wanna be an adult! (Though this house does offer 80Mbps Down/30Mbps Up Internet $40 a month through a small local ISP as compared to the $65 Time Warner Cable charges for 15/1 or my current connection with the same ISP just on the edge of their service area @ 20/1 for the same $40)

As for the AMD comment, when they were neck and neck with Intel for performance and when they produced the Athlon 64 CPUs there was big news in the tech world.  Then when the Core 2 line came out it was news all over again, AMD never really made a push past that and once Intel released the Sandy Bridge parts the market went stagnant as far as performance changes.  Now that both Intel and AMD have "easy mode" for nearly all their overclocking (by multiplier) less and less people are digging into the finer details of the overclock and just deciding to stop at throwing a little voltage at a CPU.  We really haven't had anything that's WOW in recent times due to a lack of real competition at the top end.  While so few people are going to buy the top tier parts, that pursuit of performance at the top is what gets the boost in the middle ground too.  So you see, it's all AMD's fault for not making a CPU that makes Haswell look as silly as the Athlon 64 San Diego made the Pentium 4 Prescott look.  (This theory works for me anyway)

On a side note, I became a member the same day SpaceShipOne became the first private spacecraft to enter the edge of space. (June 21st 2004 in case you're wondering)

I am only coming up to 3 years in a months time haha

Two days ago marked my 4th year here :) I think I am most remembered for my upgrades (and downgrades :P) in those 4 years  :lol:

I am only coming up to 3 years in a months time haha

Two days ago marked my 4th year here :) I think I am most remembered for my upgrades (and downgrades :P) in those 4 years :lol:

And don't forget your sidegrades too haha