[Build Log] Blue's New MACHINE!

BluePanda

Besides, do you really think 5 pounds from removing the washer bottle helps? :lol: I bet you removed it because your pump and wipers are busted anyway. :D

Wipers work, they're currently on the car because its especially rainy in Jacksonville from August to October. I barely use them, though, rain-x does all the work. I think the car looks much cleaner without them anyways. The washer bottle worked too, I just never use it. 5 lbs here, 5 lbs there, it all adds up. Then, you end up with a sub-2000 lb car, just like I did.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now do I replace my steering rack or....http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/4129478318.html

If you buy it you have to know that it will have been thrashed
Wouldn't any sporty car have that chance though, even worse so with sport bikes :P

That"s just my dream configuration of my car, same year, same color, but with all the mods I want already on there (for probably less than it would cost to buy them all, not to mention already put together for me)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

I'd do it, but not with the expectation of a super reliable car. :P

It's gotta be more reliable than the Rx7 I just went and picked up with a friend in Maryland....I love them from afar but I'd NEVER own one.

And it has the welded differential pin....which is what exploded and caused me to have to get a new transmission so I know THAT won't happen again atleast lol

I just want to be this guy, even once... (skip to one minute for the good stuff, they also have it up against a worked supra which obviously wins but the saturn does well :D )

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Have you had yours weighed? I need to get mine corner-weighted.

No, I just did a lot of math. They weigh 2350 lbs stock with the automatic box, AC, and all the extras. Mine has much lighter corbeau seats, AC has been removed, has a 5 speed (lighter than the auto), and all the aftermarket parts on it are much lighter than the stock equivalents. For example, single carb, steering wheel, wheels (centerlines are super light), etc. 

I've seen that Saturn video a long time ago, it's such a sleeper. I'd never expect that from a Saturn. 

Edited by Onion

Now do I replace my steering rack or....http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/4129478318.html

Wouldn't any sporty car have that chance though, even worse so with sport bikes :P

That"s just my dream configuration of my car, same year, same color, but with all the mods I want already on there (for probably less than it would cost to buy them all, not to mention already put together for me)

Less likely to have been thrashed if it is 100% OEM. It's nice and all having all the mods you want but be sure to give it a very good inspection.

Which is why I very much so hope to pick up the JDM '92 300ZX Z32 any other car bar this specific one I would expect to have had a thrashing however this car has a very nice history and nothing after market. It is today the same car (new clutch not withstanding) that rolled of the production line in Japan, complete with factory accessories. However it has sat unused with a broken alternator for 6 or so years now. So a bit of TLC is in order.

Have you had yours weighed? I need to get mine corner-weighted.

No, I just did a lot of math. They weigh 2350 lbs stock with the automatic box, AC, and all the extras. Mine has much lighter corbeau seats, AC has been removed, has a 5 speed (lighter than the auto), and all the aftermarket parts on it are much lighter than the stock equivalents. For example, single carb, steering wheel, wheels (centerlines are super light), etc. 

I've seen that Saturn video a long time ago, it's such a sleeper. I'd never expect that from a Saturn.

Yeah I love that video and car, and sleepers in general. I want a car that no one'd see coming or going but could really change some peoples minds about it when it pulls away from them.

Less likely to have been thrashed if it is 100% OEM. It's nice and all having all the mods you want but be sure to give it a very good inspection.

Which is why I very much so hope to pick up the JDM '92 300ZX Z32 any other car bar this specific one I would expect to have had a thrashing however this car has a very nice history and nothing after market. It is today the same car (new clutch not withstanding) that rolled of the production line in Japan, complete with factory accessories. However it has sat unused with a broken alternator for 6 or so years now. So a bit of TLC is in order.

Yeah I hear what you're saying, I was going to maybe look for a 300zx or maybe even a 350z, likely if I can't fix the problems with my saturn I'll go for a nice sporty car under $10K. I'm really into lightweight cars and sleepers though.

I have been watching this thread for a while now, but I have been too busy with school. 

Congrats on the car panda. For some reason I thought the miata was yours and not wacos ( yes I am THAT out of the loop). 

@stonerboy: IDK what your import laws are like, but if you like JDM cars, why don't you just buy one used from japan and put it on a boat to AUS? 

@ mythos: *cough* just bought and FB mazda rx7 *cough*. I am actually trying to rebuild the engine over thanksgiving break. The engine does run after ~300K miles though with the original engine. So maybe it is blessed. 

I have been watching this thread for a while now, but I have been too busy with school. 

Congrats on the car panda. For some reason I thought the miata was yours and not wacos ( yes I am THAT out of the loop). 

@stonerboy: IDK what your import laws are like, but if you like JDM cars, why don't you just buy one used from japan and put it on a boat to AUS? 

@ mythos: *cough* just bought and FB mazda rx7 *cough*. I am actually trying to rebuild the engine over thanksgiving break. The engine does run after ~300K miles though with the original engine. So maybe it is blessed. 

Sanks. Honestly I like driving the miata too. It's technically half mine. It's more Waco's toy to play with but I still steal it every now and then for a spin. The Focus is just mine to play with -- 

The Corvette is the best of the three toys though...hahaha

Sanks. Honestly I like driving the miata too. It's technically half mine. It's more Waco's toy to play with but I still steal it every now and then for a spin. The Focus is just mine to play with -- 

The Corvette is the best of the three toys though...hahaha

Corvette? I have not seen that one. 

I say stick a turbo in the miata and steal is from waco all together.  :yes: