Xbox One

bp9801

another source for DRM drop its also funny that they swore up and down that the xbox had to have internet for cloud and most games could not run without it. Yet here we are as M$ eats it's own words.

Don't be so certain that some games won't require always-online - and that goes for PS4 too. It's going to be decided on an individual basis by the publisher. For instance, Ubisoft confirmed that multiplayer can be "turned off" in Watch Dogs. But we do not yet know if The Division and Destiny will be playable offline. And then obviously a game like Titanfall is only online.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some features are being cut now because of the Internet requirement removal. Family sharing and digital cloud library are gone, plus there'll be a "Day One" patch to download to enable the offline mode.

Btw, HBC, Titanfall is coming to the PC too. Oh, and the 360. It's not an Xbox One exclusive by any means.

I did not know! This is some really good news for me, I was thinking I would miss out.

I was upset at the initial policies, but this backtrack annoys me more. This is just status quo with new hardware, an xbox 360+. I liked the Steam-like idea they were going for, but imo, they simultaneously took it too far, and not far enough.

IMO, all they needed to change to sell me:

• remove 24hr check-in for disc-based titles (great for digital, though!). If i bought the disc, and it's in the tray, game on brah!
  • Take the guillotine for the second-hand market away from the publishers. I see no reason why pubs should be paid twice, or more, for the same product/license. Instead, i could get behind allowing them to block used sales for the first 30/60/90 days of a title's release.
  • Or instead of #2, they could have force-dropped the standard retail price from $60 to $30/40 to offset the consumers' inconveniences cougherosionofconsumerrightscough

I really liked the idea of "family" sharing and the disillusioned potential of lower retail prices, and I'm sad this backtrack is once more going in the wrong direction.

still needs a one time connection to let the box function, so still a no go for most army guys lol.

ps4 already won so it doesnt really matter what they do really.\, its a sad attempt to get more sales and i doubt it will work out as the way they think it will.

Edited by WarWeeny

still needs a one time connection to let the box function, so still a no go for most army guys lol.

It only needs to be online during its initial setup. Since most "army guys" would buy it while in the States, I don't see an issue - they activate it at home and then can bring it with them.

It only needs to be online during its initial setup. Since most "army guys" would buy it while in the States, I don't see an issue - they activate it at home and then can bring it with them.

Also how many places can someone in the military be that has the space and electricity for a game console and a television, the free time to enjoy it, and not an Internet connection? It may not be a great connection, but I would be surprised if many of our bases did not have Internet access in one form or another. (Submarines would be a different matter.)

Also how many places can someone in the military be that has the space and electricity for a game console and a television, the free time to enjoy it, and not an Internet connection? It may not be a great connection, but I would be surprised if many of our bases did not have Internet access in one form or another. (Submarines would be a different matter.)

True. My friend who was stationed in the Middle East for over a year used to play StarCraft 2 - only offline play because the Internet sucked, but SC2 requires you to connect their servers, I want to say once every 60 days? It's something like that. So he was able to do that.

still bnullshit it needs to be connected in order to work, i have lived many years without internet, and i am sure i am not the same, also have you seen the new article? xD

they might reverd it back in the future:

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/19/xbox-one-drm-policy-changes-waited-on-gamers-knowing-complete-story/

quote in question: ''Finally, Whitten could not give any reassurance that Microsoft will not change its policies in the future''

Edited by WarWeeny

I hear its being renamed Xbox 180 :D No headset bundle with Xbox 180? :(

If the USB port is anything like my phone it will break in 6 months or under :/

I haven't had a micro-USB plug break, but it always worries me as they seem very fragile.  I far preferred mini-USB.  I would like to see a plug that doesn't matter which way you plug it in and is nearly indestructable.  I was hoping they would have learned their lesson from the full-sized USB-A.