Xbox One

bp9801

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stock of 10 for preorders...XBOX ONE SELLS OUT IN RECORD TIME! :lol:

There is that possibility along with the chance that there are console gamers out there who do not see any of the issues some people constantly bring up as actual issues to prevent them from purchasing the console. That and doesn't the 360 have the largest current-gen install base? That is a lot of people who may be looking to buy the next one.

There is that possibility along with the chance that there are console gamers out there who do not see any of the issues some people constantly bring up as actual issues to prevent them from purchasing the console. That and doesn't the 360 have the largest current-gen install base? That is a lot of people who may be looking to buy the next one.

On the install base, I believe so.

And despite everything being said on forums and blogs and the like, the number of people voicing their displeasure is probably a fraction of the people who own a 360 or any console for that matter. They hear a new Xbox is on the way, don't really pay any attention to the negatives everyone else is, and goes, "Hey, this can interact with more things in my living room. No more having to find the correct remote for my entertainment system, I can just say 'Xbox: On' and go from there. Maybe watch some TV and record some shows, browse the Web, then do a bit of gaming."

On the install base, I believe so.

And despite everything being said on forums and blogs and the like, the number of people voicing their displeasure is probably a fraction of the people who own a 360 or any console for that matter. They hear a new Xbox is on the way, don't really pay any attention to the negatives everyone else is, and goes, "Hey, this can interact with more things in my living room. No more having to find the correct remote for my entertainment system, I can just say 'Xbox: On' and go from there. Maybe watch some TV and record some shows, browse the Web, then do a bit of gaming."

What you described is called being extremely lazy....yep, Americans. Guess you're right :D

Remember when you said you should buy a console based on exclusives. Xbox One still has more of the popular exclusives. It'll probably still have a better online interface and connection stability than PS4. Several of the big exclusives Sony used to have are now multi-platform games. Sony also lost out on an Insomniac Games' Sunset Overdrive entirely.

I had an Xbox friend completely hate and rant on Xbox One for the first two days of E3. Then completely turn around after the realization Xbox One's exclusives are still more enticing. 

I'm sure both consoles still have several exclusives underwraps, but I don't think the limitations of Xbox One will stop the masses from buying it. Also the potential of Xbox Cloud becoming a big factor in games as the console war progresses.

TL:DR

Exclusives and better service on Xbox Live (from 360 vs PS3 experience). Xbox One will have good sales. People don't care as much once you get to the games.

Edited by AZNguyen

Yes, I've always said exclusives are the key, so let's take a look...

Five things to note about this list:

1. This is based on my games list of confirmed E3 titles.

2. Since the console manufacturers claim exclusivity even if a game is on PC, I will follow that notion.

3. If a game is available for both generations, I categorize it as current-gen, as it's not a true incentive to "upgrade" to next-gen.

4. I did not include the handhelds.

5. We know for a fact that MS pays for timed exclusivity, so many of the XBO titles listed here may not actually be exclusive (eg. DR3).

PC: 16

Arma 3    (PC)
Black Gold    (PC)
Blackguards    (PC)
ChronoBlade    (PC, Mobile, Ouya)
Command & Conquer    (PC)
Company of Heroes 2    (PC)
DayZ    (PC)
Dragon's Prophet    (PC)
Godus    (PC, Mobile)
Hex: Shards of Fate    (PC, Tablets)
Infinite Crisis    (PC)
Merc Elite    (PC)
Mighty Quest for Epic Loot    (PC)
Prime World    (PC)
Total War: Rome 2    (PC)
World of Warplanes    (PC)

PS3: 17

BEYOND: Two Souls    (PS3)
BlazBlue Chronophantasma    (PS3)
CounterSpy    (PS3, Vita)
Divekick    (PC, PS3, Vita)
Doki-Doki Universe    (PS3, PS4, Vita)
Dragon's Crown    (PS3, Vita)
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn    (PC, PS3, PS4)
Gran Turismo 6    (PS3)
Hohokum    (PS3, PS4, Vita)
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX    (PS3)
Lone Survivor: Director's Cut    (PS3, Vita)
Puppeteer    (PS3)
Rain    (PS3)
Splice    (PC, PS3)
Stick It to The Man!    (PS3, Vita)
Tales of Xillia    (PS3)
Tekken Revolution    (PS3)

PS4: 15

Blacklight Retribution    (PC, PS4)
Daylight    (PC, PS4)
Driveclub    (PS4)
Galak-Z    (PS4)
Infamous: Second Son    (PS4)
Killzone: Shadow Fall    (PS4)
Knack    (PS4)
Mercenary Kings    (PC, PS4)
Outlast    (PC, PS4)
Ray's the Dead    (PC, PS4)
Secret Ponchos    (PS4)
The Order: 1886    (PS4)
Tiny Brains    (PS4)
Transistor    (PC, PS4)
Warframe    (PC, PS4)

360: 10

Ascend: Hand of Kul    (PC, 360)
Deadfall Adventures    (PC, 360)
Fantasia: Music Evolved    (360, XBO)
LocoCycle    (360, XBO)
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood    (360)
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare    (PC, 360, XBO)
Project Spark    (Windows 8, 360, XBO)
Super Time Force    (360)
Titanfall    (PC, 360, XBO)
World of Tanks: 360 Edition    (360)

XBO: 15

Below    (XBO)
Black Tusk Studios title?    (XBO)
Crimson Dragon    (XBO)
D4    (XBO)
Dead Rising 3    (XBO)
Forza Motorsport 5    (XBO)
Halo 5    (XBO)
Killer Instinct    (XBO)
Kinect Sports Rivals    (XBO)
Minecraft: XBox One Edition    (XBO)
Powerstar Golf    (XBO)
Quantum Break    (XBO)
Rabbids Invasion    (XBO)
RYSE: Son of Rome    (XBO)
Sunset Overdrive    (XBO)

Wii U: 13

Bayonetta 2    (Wii U)
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze    (Wii U)
Mario Kart 8    (Wii U)
New Super Luigi U    (Wii U)
Pikmin 3    (Wii U)
Scribblenauts Unmasked    (PC, Wii U, 3DS)
Sonic Lost World    (Wii U, 3DS)
Super Mario 3D World    (Wii U)
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U & 3DS    (Wii U, 3DS)
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD    (Wii U)
The Wonderful 101    (Wii U)
Wii Party U    (Wii U)
X (Xeno series?)    (Wii U)

Stock of 10 for preorders...XBOX ONE SELLS OUT IN RECORD TIME! :lol:

One of the editors over at destructoid found out that his local gamestop had a limit on preorders for the xbone. That number was 6. 

http://www.destructoid.com/stores-only-taking-a-limited-amount-of-xbox-one-reserves-255872.phtml

i did see something the other day on neogaf about die yields for the xbone being low could be potentially linked?

I've seen websites saying that the PS4 overtook the XB1 in.preorders on amazon, somethings odd

Not odd at all with comments from Microsft like this one:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/12/gamers-without-internet-can-stick-with-xbox-360-says-microsoft

I already pre-ordered PS4 on amazon. :thumbsup:

Edited by InCrYsIs

I've seen websites saying that the PS4 overtook the XB1 in.preorders on amazon, somethings odd

Not odd at all with comments from Microsft like this one:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/12/gamers-without-internet-can-stick-with-xbox-360-says-microsoft

I already pre-ordered PS4 on amazon. :thumbsup:

I don't think Dan finds it odd the PS4 is out-preordering the XBO, I think he finds it odd that the XBO is being reported as sold out while the PS4 is not (at least from what I've seen).

I would indeed chalk it up to lower initial production numbers for the XBO (or rather a pre-order limit imposed by MS), as has been guessed at in this thread.

http://hexus.net/gaming/news/industry/56841-microsofts-e3-xbox-one-demos-ran-nvidia-powered-pcs/

Xbox ONE games were not running on Xbox ONE hardware, nor a devkit. They were running on HP Windows 7 (not even 8) PCs. Everyone is making a racket about how that means that Microsoft doesn't trust Windows 8, nor it's own Xbox ONE hardware, but I'm sure I'm not the first one to think about what that means about the possible compatibilities between Xbox ONE games and PC...with a lil' bit of emulation... :evilgrin: