2013: Post your ride!

Luciel

My current project.  Getting it back on the road after about 10 years of sitting.  It's getting a crate 460hp/425tq 5.3 LS and a Tremec TKX 5 speed.  Currently waiting on the bellhousing and still need to buy a few things like a starter, alternator, water pump, etc but most everything else is on hand and ready to go.

1974 C10 - This is an old pic.  Probably around 2009.

IMqnfvZ.jpg

Pic taken a few years ago after power washing to get rid of years of dirt buildup.

kOLnVSo.jpg

Found someone selling a stepside bed and I've always wanted one so decided to buy it and sell my fleetside bed.  Also picked up the stepside bumper to go with it.

tsaNvTX.jpg

Old bed removed

WtYnW0i.jpg

New bed installed

iErc9SY.jpg

5.3 LS and the Tremec TKX

IbQgoFw.jpg

VNxBQtr.jpg

That's all the progress for now.  Waiting on the bellhousing before getting started on the swap.  Also will be needing to weld up the frame.  These trucks are notorious for cracked frames near the steering box and mine is no exception.

Edited by Coors

• 3 weeks later...

yes you're good at my house ...luvin the chevy collection  !!  especially that red 67 fleetside ...people bring their chevys from all over the DFW to my neighbor Keith Engle a premier texas chevy builder here in Alvarado

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Since the last update I've pulled the 350/th350

2MlvGTD.jpg

Removed the bed and repaired the cracked frame

bDMi0Oj.jpg

And today I removed the front suspension and the cab

2xD6Gyl.jpg

xFDsWZD.jpg

Next will be to remove the gas tanks, old fuel and brake lines, ebrake cable and anything else to prep the frame for either wire wheeling or possibly sand blasting if I can get my hands on one.  Then primer and paint and the rebuild process can begin which will be a new 25 gallon Blazer tank swap, new fuel/brake lines, new cab/control arm/sway bar/core support poly bushings, new shocks, ball joints, tie rods, pitman and idler arms.  Much more but I'll post those updates when I get them done.

• 3 months later...

Progress has been slow but steady.  Here was the frame after removing the fuel tanks, fuel/brake lines and the rear crossmember and spare tire mount.

Bgd7ZLS.jpg

Primered and painted the frame

WZRqpJc.jpg

Relocated the rear crossmember further back on the frame and flipped and relocated the spare tire mount to be used for the 25 Gallon Blazer tank swap.  Used old mud flaps to cushion against the tank and welded an extension on the crossmember to give a bit more surface area to hold the tank more securely.

jhOSjqk.jpg

Rebuilt the front end, mounted the new tires and wheels, installed the fuel pump and sending unit, ran new brake and fuel hard lines.  Reinstalled the cab with new poly bushings.

sHcF818.jpg

tbaFigl.jpg

Currently working on finishing up the engine and transmission getting them ready to install.