2013: Post your ride!

Luciel

The one thing I have to say about people that put extended triangles on the rear to look cool, is that they inadvertently get a smoother ride while increasing ride stability as well. Ever think about that Onion? You don't have to go all drag-bike with it but a longer swing arm will smooth out the ride and give you a less twitchy ride at speed. Plus you get an excuse to do extra rear end work while you're at it :)

Its super smooth and stable, even way past the speed limit. Plus, I like the power wheelies when I launch it hard, and keeping it short preserves handling and low speed maneuverability.

I grip the tank with my knees to prevent having pancakes for testicles.

It was the latest model, 2012. People here go 80+, hence the trouble. I rode it all day, every day, riding was more fun than anticipated lol.

That was a private seller. Definitely don't ride it unless you're ready to buy, it makes my Supersport feel gutless and tame, it ruined my fun. :(

The fz-07 seems alright but it has about the same torque and 30 less horsepower than my bike so I don't really like it because it's a downgrade. I love that fz-09 though!

I can't see that lasting for too long :P

Yeah, the second gen had less pep on the highway because of the way they retuned the powerband. Yeah I miss the flickability of my my Ninjette, I was super torn between a used 600 and a new 300 but I never got to try the 300...so I'll forever have buyers remorse until I ride one. I like handling over raw performance, and those videos of 250s and 300s whippin' the shit out of the bigger bikes makes me grin so wide.

LOL yeah I figured it would, that's why I never wanna ride a liter bike or any fairly large (600 and up) twins. I know it'll ruin the powerband of my I4

Yeah but numbers don't always make the bike. The way the torque will be more usable and come in much lower will have you never missing the difference in specs. Not to mention the inherent comfort of an FZ# over an R#

Grats Onion, be careful :)

Its hard to beat TQ for a daily rider, especially if you want to ride with a passenger. Supersports are sorely lacking in the TQ department - I put on BMC race filter, XTRE timing box, Power Commander, dyno tune, cat deleted, exhaust, and went up two on the rear and down one on the front on my 07 and it helped a lot...but a stock literbike or 675 triple still would have been better.

If I lived in a busy city instead of the boring long straight highways in FL I would have that new 300.

As for me, I sold the TA so am back to the bike and still have my Z28 with the nasty stroker doing duty as a porch ornament. Looking at houses in a few months with the Fiance, then will save up for a down payment on an ~09 CTSV for a daily. She has an 08 Corrola type S lol.

Edited by Puck

Its hard to beat TQ for a daily rider, especially if you want to ride with a passenger. Supersports are sorely lacking in the TQ department - I put on BMC race filter, XTRE timing box, Power Commander, dyno tune, cat deleted, exhaust, and went up two on the rear and down one on the front on my 07 and it helped a lot...but a stock literbike or 675 triple still would have been better.

If I lived in a busy city instead of the boring long straight highways in FL I would have that new 300.

+1 Wisdom, yeah...unless you're a customizer nut who likes things being tailored "just for them" it almost always makes sense just to get a stock bike to do what you want THEN enhance on its strengths as well as nullify the weaknesses.

Lower torque on a car usually comes at a mileage penalty, but on a bike it usually HELPS it so it makes sense to get something with more useful torque than HP unless you're flying down the highway in the triple digits daily, or if you're at the track ATLEAST weekly (though a dedicated track bike is ALWAYS the way to go, so you aren't out your street bike if you go down)

As for me, I sold the TA so am back to the bike and still have my Z28 with the nasty stroker doing duty as a porch ornament. Looking at houses in a few months with the Fiance, then will save up for a down payment on an ~09 CTSV for a daily. She has an 08 Corrola type S lol.

I'm careful, but the other drivers, you couldn't say as much. I'm so glad to have 110 horsepower between my legs because whenever some retard tries something stupid (this happens on a daily basis) and I see it coming, I just power out of it and nope the hell out of there before anything happens. 

That's a sweet setup you have on your bike! I wouldn't modify mine that much just because all the money I'd spend in parts would suddenly be worthless, especially if I wanted to sell my bike. Enjoy that CTS V, those are awesome! Please tell me its a wagon!

I grip the tank with my knees to prevent having pancakes for testicles.

It was the latest model, 2012. People here go 80+, hence the trouble. I rode it all day, every day, riding was more fun than anticipated lol.

That was a private seller. Definitely don't ride it unless you're ready to buy, it makes my Supersport feel gutless and tame, it ruined my fun. :(

The fz-07 seems alright but it has about the same torque and 30 less horsepower than my bike so I don't really like it because it's a downgrade. I love that fz-09 though!

I can't see that lasting for too long :P

Yeah, the second gen had less pep on the highway because of the way they retuned the powerband. Yeah I miss the flickability of my my Ninjette, I was super torn between a used 600 and a new 300 but I never got to try the 300...so I'll forever have buyers remorse until I ride one. I like handling over raw performance, and those videos of 250s and 300s whippin' the shit out of the bigger bikes makes me grin so wide.

LOL yeah I figured it would, that's why I never wanna ride a liter bike or any fairly large (600 and up) twins. I know it'll ruin the powerband of my I4

Yeah but numbers don't always make the bike. The way the torque will be more usable and come in much lower will have you never missing the difference in specs. Not to mention the inherent comfort of an FZ# over an R#

Mine was much quicker than a stock one, though. MGP exhaust and bigger jets for the carb, and it was still slow as all hell lol. 

Well, if the torque has to be usable, then the FZ-09 is a terrible bike, it has so much torque and such a short wheelbase that if you use more than half your torque in the bottom 3 gears, you're just gonna pop a sweet wheelie lol. I can't really agree with you on the comfort thing, though. I'd MUCH rather ride my CBR around on the highway than an FZ-09. Full fairings and a nice windshield as well as a huge tank and a buttery smooth engine is much more comfortable than a rumbly triple, and no fairings or windshield. I felt like my head was gonna be ripped off at 100 mph. 

Mine was much quicker than a stock one, though. MGP exhaust and bigger jets for the carb, and it was still slow as all hell lol. 

Well, if the torque has to be usable, then the FZ-09 is a terrible bike, it has so much torque and such a short wheelbase that if you use more than half your torque in the bottom 3 gears, you're just gonna pop a sweet wheelie lol. I can't really agree with you on the comfort thing, though. I'd MUCH rather ride my CBR around on the highway than an FZ-09. Full fairings and a nice windshield as well as a huge tank and a buttery smooth engine is much more comfortable than a rumbly triple, and no fairings or windshield. I felt like my head was gonna be ripped off at 100 mph.

OiC, I never felt like the 250 had trouble getting out of situation...I mean it's nothin' like my FZ6 but still was plenty trustworthy.

LOL, so i hear, especially in A mode. But yeah, I'm actually more interested in the MT-09 when it comes out since it will be a faired FZ-09 pretty much. I've never driven a naked bike but other than style they never appealed to me due to the reasons you've stated.

I always heard good things about the Ninja 650 (a twin) and I think the SV650. Both are faired and very popular from what i hear, from those smitten with torque, while not going overboard.

The MT-09 IS the fz-09, just the name for it everywhere else in the world.

They're both nice, but nowhere near the power of the fz-07 or fz-09.

I know that's typically the case but I was pretty sure the concept was indeed called the MT-09 but I guess they changed it to not be confusing (wish they'd stick with fz or mt worldwide though for their standard/sport line...)

Anyway, I meant this:

http://blog.motorcycle.com/2014/08/11/design/yamaha-trademarks-design-three-cylinder-sport-tourer/

That was my old bike with all the mods, new one only has a couple things done to it mostly for safety like a steering damper and lowering links. You are right I didn't get a fraction of the mod value when I sold the bike. Had probably 3K in performance and visual mods and got 3500 total for trade in. It was 5 years old with 25,000mi though so I didn't get too bad a deal. I could have sold it for more, and tried to, but I got SO TIRED of the BS offers and lowballs from private parties that I just took it to a few dealers and went with the place that gave me the most trade in and lowest price for my 14R. If times aligned better I would have sold the ZX6R to you for the same $3500 they offered for trade in - would have been a steal, bike was worth 4,500-5k...hell, I had a grand worth of just carbon fiber on it lol.

On the topic of bikes, did you guys see that Kawi announced a return of the H2??? Craziest, fastest, and baddest bike of the 70's, basically the grandfather of all sports bikes. It will be a Ninja, with a supercharged 1,000cc motor!!! :O

Oh, and the V is definitely going to be a coupe or sedan lol.The wagon is hideous to me :x.

Edited by Puck

There's some nice rides here :woot:

post-32240-0-16686000-1410281722_thumb.jpg

2012 Toyota Prius C, got this after doing a lot of searching. Was looking at all sorts of cars but all the other 4-door hatch backs cost more, had less reliability, got worse mileage, etc (VW TDI Golfs, Mazda 6, ...). The cheaper 4-door cars had worse options or were junk. This thing has all the features I could need :woot:

Loving this car, monthly average is 54mpg according to the car computer since I bought it new off the lot.

post-32240-0-87702300-1410281747_thumb.jpg

My first "car". Had tons of trouble initially with this truck. It's an '87 Ford F-250 Diesel, had a 6.9L and banks turbocharger. The list would be shorter to say what I haven't done to it lol. Currently doing body work then paint.

post-32240-0-94417000-1410281756_thumb.jpg

Old engine was pretty tired, so I looked around for a while until I found a fresh rebuilt 7.3 to upgrade to :woot:

post-32240-0-02460400-1410281764_thumb.jpg

Went through the fresh engine and cleaned up and replaced any components that weren't a direct transfer - oil cooler mainly since this was intended for a van. Besides the exhaust manifolds and oil cooler mounts everything was the same. Ceramicoated the exhaust inside and out from the manifolds to the downpipe. Also did the turbine housing :evilgrin:. After a ton of driving the pipes are cool enough to touch without getting instantly burned :bow:. Need to get more fuel down its throat and a cam grind and head studs - only make about 7-8psi tops but the EGTs are low - 250-300 cruising town or country roads, 650 tops flooring it.