2013: Post your ride!

Luciel

Is that one of those bikes that doesn't coast? :glare:

It's switchable, you can ride as a single speed and coast, or a fixed gear and not coast. I'm going to set it up as a single speed. 

Is that one of those bikes that doesn't coast? :glare:

It's switchable, you can ride as a single speed and coast, or a fixed gear and not coast. I'm going to set it up as a single speed. 

my booty is gettin sore just looking at that seat...

The foot straps are removable, and I definitely won't be keeping them.

I went with a single speed (not going to ride it as a fixed gear) for reliability reasons. A mutli-speed bike in my price range would have been constantly disassembled and would require far too much maintenance. A single speed is perfectly fine because Jacksonville is perfectly flat, so I don't really need shorter gears to go up hills. The rear gear is already the perfect ratio for cruising, and if I do decide that it isn't a tall enough gear, I can swap it out. 

My fiancee's dad owns a bike shop and is a huge bike fan. He told me all about customers who stroll in wanting to buy a $300 mutli-speed bike and end up getting so frustrated that they exchange it for either something much more expensive, or a single speed. His shop does group rides every weekend, and a few people show up on single speeds and do just fine. 

I had forgotten that you were in flat florida :P

I'm not sure why you say a multi-speed bike in your price range would be constantly breaking, there are quality bikes out there in that price range, it just requires looking. Maintence? I shoot my chain with WD-40 and check the tires, oh and i wash the mud off.... and grease the shocks occasionally but thats irrelevant of single-speed vs multi. And thats on a 1200 dollar multi-speed mountain bike, it has lasted 6 years on that maintenance schedule.

But in your cituation i think you made a good choice. Plus single speeds make you work harder, get fitter.

Panda.... come on girl, we need some real pictures.

Edited by SpeedCrazy

Tonight. I've got a few more. She's a mess now that we're home after all the rain -- the car isn't anywhere near as purdy. :P Car wash this weekend for sure -- even though it's probably going to snow :(

The foot straps are removable, and I definitely won't be keeping them.

I went with a single speed (not going to ride it as a fixed gear) for reliability reasons. A mutli-speed bike in my price range would have been constantly disassembled and would require far too much maintenance. A single speed is perfectly fine because Jacksonville is perfectly flat, so I don't really need shorter gears to go up hills. The rear gear is already the perfect ratio for cruising, and if I do decide that it isn't a tall enough gear, I can swap it out. 

My fiancee's dad owns a bike shop and is a huge bike fan. He told me all about customers who stroll in wanting to buy a $300 mutli-speed bike and end up getting so frustrated that they exchange it for either something much more expensive, or a single speed. His shop does group rides every weekend, and a few people show up on single speeds and do just fine. 

I had forgotten that you were in flat florida :P

I'm not sure why you say a multi-speed bike in your price range would be constantly breaking, there are quality bikes out there in that price range, it just requires looking. Maintence? I shoot my chain with WD-40 and check the tires, oh and i wash the mud off.... and grease the shocks occasionally but thats irrelevant of single-speed vs multi. And thats on a 1200 dollar multi-speed mountain bike, it has lasted 6 years on that maintenance schedule.

But in your cituation i think you made a good choice. Plus single speeds make you work harder, get fitter.

I definitely am not in the $1,200 price range. :lol: What do you ride? I was looking to spend no more than $200, but this was a nice bike, so I paid an extra $20 for it. Btw, you're not supposed to spray WD-40 on the chain, it sucks up all the moisture. Grease is the way to go, it'll make your gears and chain last far longer. 

And yeah, single speed is a lot more effort, which is good, I bought this more for the exercise than for the getting around. 

Tonight. I've got a few more. She's a mess now that we're home after all the rain -- the car isn't anywhere near as purdy. :P Car wash this weekend for sure -- even though it's probably going to snow :(

Nice C5. Is it a real Z06 or just the rims? I have the same ones on the Trans Am I picked up a few weeks ago to keep my Z28 Company, just with Pontiac arrows in the center :).

g3DgDi0.jpg