2013: Post your ride!

Luciel

The foot straps are removable, and I definitely won't be keeping them.

I went with a single speed (not going to ride it as a fixed gear) for reliability reasons. A mutli-speed bike in my price range would have been constantly disassembled and would require far too much maintenance. A single speed is perfectly fine because Jacksonville is perfectly flat, so I don't really need shorter gears to go up hills. The rear gear is already the perfect ratio for cruising, and if I do decide that it isn't a tall enough gear, I can swap it out. 

My fiancee's dad owns a bike shop and is a huge bike fan. He told me all about customers who stroll in wanting to buy a $300 mutli-speed bike and end up getting so frustrated that they exchange it for either something much more expensive, or a single speed. His shop does group rides every weekend, and a few people show up on single speeds and do just fine. 

I had forgotten that you were in flat florida :P

I'm not sure why you say a multi-speed bike in your price range would be constantly breaking, there are quality bikes out there in that price range, it just requires looking. Maintence? I shoot my chain with WD-40 and check the tires, oh and i wash the mud off.... and grease the shocks occasionally but thats irrelevant of single-speed vs multi. And thats on a 1200 dollar multi-speed mountain bike, it has lasted 6 years on that maintenance schedule.

But in your cituation i think you made a good choice. Plus single speeds make you work harder, get fitter.

Panda.... come on girl, we need some real pictures.

I definitely am not in the $1,200 price range. :lol: What do you ride? I was looking to spend no more than $200, but this was a nice bike, so I paid an extra $20 for it. Btw, you're not supposed to spray WD-40 on the chain, it sucks up all the moisture. Grease is the way to go, it'll make your gears and chain last far longer. 

And yeah, single speed is a lot more effort, which is good, I bought this more for the exercise than for the getting around. 

Lol, neither am i, i bought i a number of years ago for 800. Its a fully upgraded trek fuel 90.

I did not know that about wd-40.. i will switch. But it can't hurt too bad... as i say i have been using it for years.

This is what one looks like(not mine)

IMG_9557.jpg

Mine has disc brakes, comfy seat, better tires, gear and sprocket upgrade. Basically anything that broke i upgraded. Love it to death. But i wouldn't recomend it for road riding, all that travel absorbs half your effort on a flat hard surface. Even with the rear shock locked out it leaves a lot to be desired on road. but on the trail its amazing.

I've had this truck for 3 years but I don't think I ever got around to posting it around here.

2lb03uv.jpg

2004 Silverado 2500HD w/LLY Duramax

I've still got the same car (Pic from 3yrs ago)

245isew.jpg

2007 Cobalt SS Supercharged

I still have two other 1/2 ton trucks and a 96 cavalier all in need of various repairs but meh I drive these two or my girlfriend fianc

The foot straps are removable, and I definitely won't be keeping them.

I went with a single speed (not going to ride it as a fixed gear) for reliability reasons. A mutli-speed bike in my price range would have been constantly disassembled and would require far too much maintenance. A single speed is perfectly fine because Jacksonville is perfectly flat, so I don't really need shorter gears to go up hills. The rear gear is already the perfect ratio for cruising, and if I do decide that it isn't a tall enough gear, I can swap it out. 

My fiancee's dad owns a bike shop and is a huge bike fan. He told me all about customers who stroll in wanting to buy a $300 mutli-speed bike and end up getting so frustrated that they exchange it for either something much more expensive, or a single speed. His shop does group rides every weekend, and a few people show up on single speeds and do just fine. 

I had forgotten that you were in flat florida :P

I'm not sure why you say a multi-speed bike in your price range would be constantly breaking, there are quality bikes out there in that price range, it just requires looking. Maintence? I shoot my chain with WD-40 and check the tires, oh and i wash the mud off.... and grease the shocks occasionally but thats irrelevant of single-speed vs multi. And thats on a 1200 dollar multi-speed mountain bike, it has lasted 6 years on that maintenance schedule.

But in your cituation i think you made a good choice. Plus single speeds make you work harder, get fitter.

Panda.... come on girl, we need some real pictures.

I definitely am not in the $1,200 price range. :lol: What do you ride? I was looking to spend no more than $200, but this was a nice bike, so I paid an extra $20 for it. Btw, you're not supposed to spray WD-40 on the chain, it sucks up all the moisture. Grease is the way to go, it'll make your gears and chain last far longer. 

And yeah, single speed is a lot more effort, which is good, I bought this more for the exercise than for the getting around. 

Lol, neither am i, i bought i a number of years ago for 800. Its a fully upgraded trek fuel 90.

I did not know that about wd-40.. i will switch. But it can't hurt too bad... as i say i have been using it for years.

This is what one looks like(not mine)

IMG_9557.jpg

Mine has disc brakes, comfy seat, better tires, gear and sprocket upgrade. Basically anything that broke i upgraded. Love it to death. But i wouldn't recomend it for road riding, all that travel absorbs half your effort on a flat hard surface. Even with the rear shock locked out it leaves a lot to be desired on road. but on the trail its amazing.

800, that's still 4 times what I paid. :lol: 

The thing about WD-40 is that it's a grease cleaner and a lubricant (of sorts). The problem with it on bike chains is that it gets rid of all the good grease. 

That's a nice ride! The rear suspension is sick. Yeah, definitely not what I need for riding to school lol. I've been trail riding once with my fiancee and her dad, they have really nice bikes. Had a great time, too bad there's nowhere to do it in Jacksonville. 

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got my front license plate mounted the other day.  I've gone like 3 months without it and not pulled over once or even hassled going through the gate of the AFB lol

• 4 months later...