What is the benefit of playing game at 1920X1080?

fahad619

Guys,i have a RES. about 1368X768.a frnd of me is doing fun on me cause he is saying that very soon i will have a powerful gpu but don't have a decent RES.monitor so i can't utilize it well.can u tell me what is the advantage of it?What i find out that it's have a bigger screen.This RES. have become standard of testing games.Thanksssssssss

the higher the resolution the better it looks. more powerful gpu can give you more frames per second so it looks smoother and less choppy. lastly a powerful gpu can give you AA and AF options to make it look very sharp without the jaggy edges .

Okay lets clear some stuff up, higher resolutions does NOT mean better image quality in all cases. Higher resolution means, if the game supports it, more information on the screen. By having a larger resolution you can see more of the game world at once. As for image quality, depending on the video card it can be a wash. A game at high detail and your 768 resolution will look a lot better than a game at low detail and 1080. So depending on the hardware lower resolution can be a benefit as it means the game can look better. I can tell you my move from 1080 to 1440 did little to really change the way the games look dispite people telling me it would make a huge difference.

if you are happy with the way your games look then do not sweat it and tell your friend to kiss off. The BEST resolution to game it is the one YOU enjoy.

• Like 1

Okay lets clear some stuff up, higher resolutions does NOT mean better image quality in all cases. Higher resolution means, if the game supports it, more information on the screen. By having a larger resolution you can see more of the game world at once. As for image quality, depending on the video card it can be a wash. A game at high detail and your 768 resolution will look a lot better than a game at low detail and 1080. So depending on the hardware lower resolution can be a benefit as it means the game can look better. I can tell you my move from 1080 to 1440 did little to really change the way the games look dispite people telling me it would make a huge difference.

if you are happy with the way your games look then do not sweat it and tell your friend to kiss off. The BEST resolution to game it is the one YOU enjoy.

2560x1600 looks better than 1920 x 1080 to me any which way I cut it. Desktop clarity and during gaming. The key is having the GPU to support it.

Guys,i have a RES. about 1368X768.a frnd of me is doing fun on me cause he is saying that very soon i will have a powerful gpu but don't have a decent RES.monitor so i can't utilize it well.can u tell me what is the advantage of it?What i find out that it's have a bigger screen.This RES. have become standard of testing games.Thanksssssssss

My question to you is what video card are you using?

2560x1600 looks better than 1920 x 1080 to me any which way I cut it. Desktop clarity and during gaming. The key is having the GPU to support it.

Yeah, I was going to say the best part is oddly the general usage of the computer with a higher resolution. It allows for far better productivity as you can fit much more content on your screen. For gaming I remember moving from 4:3 to 16:10 and that was big jump but I don't think it was so much the resolution (in games) that was the shock but rather the aspect ratio.

The only "downside" with a higher resolution monitor is it will need a newer video card more often to produce the best visual experience or playable gameplay for longer.

currently 4350 1GB.was planning to buy 7990 but u people convinced me to not get it.

currently 4350 1GB.was planning to buy 7990 but u people convinced me to not get it.

Buy yourself an HD 7750 or 7770, max out the detail level at 768 and enjoy some sweet gaming.

Instead get 2x HD7950 at that price (or at a little bit higher price).

But a single HD7950 would be enough to play games at 1080p, at least for next few months.