2013 Firearms Discussion

Nyt

Onion you go on road trips all the time, just meet SpeedCrazy somewhere and pick it up.

:tongue:

Why meet me? I don't have a 1911 to sell him.

Oh and onion, you do know that in the US you have to be 21 to buy a handgun. I seem to recall you are only recently out of high school.

EDIT: A quick check of your profile confirms that. You can't buy a handgun, legally...

Edited by SpeedCrazy

Onion you go on road trips all the time, just meet SpeedCrazy somewhere and pick it up.

Oh and onion, you do know that in the US you have to be 21 to buy a handgun. I seem to recall you are only recently out of high school.

EDIT: A quick check of your profile confirms that. You can't buy a handgun, legally...

Whoops meant camaro_dude15... :P

@Speed, I know. Unfortunately, I have to wait to get my own. However, my dad and I both go to the range together increasingly often and he wants a gun of his own. I'd get a rifle, but I'm just gonna wait the year and a half to get a handgun.

Only from an FFL.  You can buy a handgun over the age of 18 privately.

I know that if I want to carry it, I need a CWP, and I have to be 21 to get that in Florida. However, would I be able to get a lockable box and bring it with me in the car to go to and from the range?

well im not selling it any more, i bought this firearm from a local guns shop used for 650, i price checked it this morning, and its 399 new, i was furious. moral of the story is, its not worth new price for used, and i'm not willing to loose that much money anyway, i will keep it before i loose THAT much money

I know that if I want to carry it, I need a CWP, and I have to be 21 to get that in Florida. However, would I be able to get a lockable box and bring it with me in the car to go to and from the range?

I don't know Florida's specific laws but I do know that Florida in general is pretty gun friendly.  But yes you should be able to transport it to the range or another house or whatever.  A concealed license is for being able to carry it on your person concealed.  There might be a law about having it in a locked case or in a separate compartment from the ammo or out of reach from the driver.  I'd have to look up the Florida laws.

Mine lives in my back pack with the butt towards the zipper and it stays unzipped while I drive so if its needed its there. I typically keep one of my practice rounds in the chamber and my clip full of hollow points. Pulled the trigger for the first time sunday afternoon at my shop. it was a lot louder than I was hoping for but I still like my Taurus PT709 Slim.