• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CPU: Intel 980x

GPU: Quad SLI 680gtx

RAM: 16Gb 2000mhz

Storage: 2 x 1TB Raid0 HDD & 1 SSD 120gb

Cooling: Water Cooling

PSU: Generic 500W (250W real)

For any use you might image. I wonder what happens when you try to power up that.

Edited by loco_frags

I used to know a guy who was running a Windows 98SE system with a Pentium II, saw the system requirements for Crysis, bought an extra 2GB stick of DDR2 SDRAM and GeForce 8600GT at vast expense, then wondered why his graphics card wouldn't fit in the AGP slot and why his system woudn't boot :P

Edited by EuroFight

So is this the worst config we have actually seen or we just making up stuff? If we just making up stuff...

- AMD Sempron 145

- Radeon HD 6450

- GTX 690 ...soley as a dedicated PhysX card

- 64GB RAM

- 3TB HDD ...with Windows 3.1 installed on it (try reading that hdd space, winblows!) :thumbsup:

- 2x 1.2TB SSD ...I would say RAID, but Win 3.1

- Wrapped up in this beautiful case :yucky:

Or perhaps this case would be perfect - Its so good its 5hitty!

Edited by Fogel

Well there was and there wasn't issues. If you were a system builder who put a lot of RAM into their machine, vista would run just fine. However, at launch and sometime afterwards, computers that were designed to run windows XP were being "upgraded" to vista. To make a very long story short, a lot of the computers that were being sold with vista did not have enough ram in them.

Back when I used to work at a my first PC repair shop, that was what 99% of the computers had wrong with them. After we upgraded the ram, it ran just fine.

My laptop came with 1 XP and 1 Vista both originals. But I always used XP since I tend to do minimal gaming on laptop sometimes and as laptop is not very powerful I use to play "old" (let's say Blade Runner -well this is old old but I play newer ones too, etc) games there and vista seemed to have a LOT compatibility problems with it.

SAD because XP is really out of updates and I still have the vista original to use on it..

Anyway I have no problems with XP now... until people stop making software compatible with XP there will ne no problems at all.

Our family computer had Windows ME on it for years until I bought XP for it years ago.

It wasn't all that bad really for what we did with it.

I had ME for three weeks before going to XP :lol:

Did the same with vista had it only a few weeks but that was because my laptop had an upgrade disc in it. Had issues with vista especially RAM management had 4GB mind you but Win 7 fixed all the problems and it ran much much smoother.