Come up with the best worst configuration

El_Capitan

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Vista. Not at launch, not now. :lol:

People felt "smart" by calling Vista terrible...which they just parroted from someone else down the line. Anyone who really hates Vista should hate 7 just as much...

Yeah. I ran vista since the beta and had no problems with it at all. Pretty much all vista haters are just clueless band wagoners.

Most of the legitimate vista complaints were because of drivers. Which wasn't vista's fault. It was the manufacturers that didn't bother to make drivers at release even though they had plenty of time beforehand. Or they didn't make them at all and forced people to buy new printers.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You want legitimate arguments for why Vista stunk?

•  
  • Used more RAM than XP and for no good reason
  • Slower than XP even after Vista supposedly matured
  • As a business solution it had a long time bug of locking files on shared network drives
  • Also told users that files were locked by "another user" making the person either re-open the file or open in read only mode
  • Supported fewer drivers than XP

It only took to SP1 for XP to mature into an operating system that gamers could upgrade from '98 SE and was a very solid business O/S. Upgrading to Vista at work frustrated the living piss out of everyone ...including the network admins. They finally got it working ok, but after W7 already released. Ask any gaming dev, they could have done without Vista or DirectX 10. Or ask a net admin if they would rather work with Vista or XP.

There is a valid reason Microsoft broke its natural trend and promise to drop XP support ...Vista just didn't bring it.

As a net admin, I still work with XP, Vista and 7 to this day. Even still have some Windows 2000 laptops we use. They all work fine.

"Used more RAM than XP and for no good reason"

And this is false. Vista has been out for how many years now and people still don't understand why it actually puts your memory to use rather than let it waste away?

And this is false. Vista has been out for how many years now and people still don't understand why it actually puts your memory to use rather than let it waste away?

And to this I say simply say, W7.

It wasn't just the way the O/S used the memory, it is how the O/S interacted with various programs causing more usage than other operating systems. It is extremely well documented how inefficient Vista was, I am surprised we are still having this discussion.

I am not sure there are people doing it but I know people who have HD TV expecting to see HD quality using a normal sat receiver as a source :pfp:

ah the art of marketing, playing blu-rays in a store, people come home expect the same quality, plug in analog cables, try to watch tv.... :/ and complaining that their image isnt as sharp as in the stores >.>

should be considered a crime if you ask me, its scamming people in a sense.

Guest Trankop

ah the art of marketing, playing blu-rays in a store, people come home expect the same quality, plug in analog cables, try to watch tv.... :/ and complaining that their image isnt as sharp as in the stores >.>

should be considered a crime if you ask me, its scamming people in a sense.

Edited by Trankop

A SSD drive connected to SATA to IDE converter connected to a computers IDE port that is set to PIO 0 Mode.

:evilgrin:

i should do what now?

what is PIO 0 mode? xD

does that makes me a noob? :C