What's wrong with spammers and bots

I prefer full version on my S2

Why? The links are hard to click, creating threads and navigating the board is painful, and the text needs zoomed on every page (unless you crank up a global zoom...but then other pages get screwed up).

I just don't see the point of using the full forum on a 4" or smaller screen. :lol:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the full version is great on my Galaxy S3, but when Im not by my home's WiFi I use the mobile version to save data costs

Why? The links are hard to click, creating threads and navigating the board is painful, and the text needs zoomed on every page (unless you crank up a global zoom...but then other pages get screwed up).

I just don't see the point of using the full forum on a 4" or smaller screen. :lol:

Its not painful on a 4.8 inch screen :teehee:

Edited by Midnight Rider

Well for me the data cost isnt huge, i just stay away from very image heavy threads, and i have 2gb a month which goes pretty far.

I have it setup so it is perfectly formatted, so all i need to do is scroll up/down, and the links arent very hard to hit for me.

The main reason i switched is i was sick of not seeing sigs and not seeing the "last page" link on long threads

I actually heard on an interview somewhere with a former spammer that they write like that on purpose so that only the stupid people respond. That way, they don't have to put effort into trying to scam someone smart. For example, my friend and I both recieved a message from the Nigerians about transfering 18 million dollars to our accounts so that it could get to America, ect. I responded with a message claiming to be the real Nigerian prince and challenging him to a duel to the death. I never recieved a response. My friend on the other hand, responded in a manner we thought best represented an old lady who isn't too good with computers. He got replies right away and kept them going all the way until he confessed his undying love for them that they stopped sending messages.

The idea is that if they can get 95% of the stupid people and filter out the smart, they have to do less work than if they try to tackle 100% of the market.

True as that may be, if your theory is correct...that would mean the spammers think we're dumb :mellow:

The full version is infinitely harder to use compared to the mobile one. :P

Maybe I'm used to it from forcing desktop versions on my phones since my old WM6.5 Touch Pro (which struggled with all its might to run those webpages hahaha)

:cheers: , except S1 here

You're weird, you to mythos haha

I have a 4" screen and much prefer to use mobile browser. It loads indefinitely faster i only have to scroll up and down and never need to worry about text wrapping or anything if I zoom in to read the text.

The mobile version of occ is very good and I have bound the "view new content" link to a gesture in dolphin :)

I have a 4" screen too, with moderate zoom you still get alot on the page but can still read. (maybe I have fantastic vision??)

I've never had difficulties navigating, it's as native as on my laptop (except for massive tab jumping, but it's pretty much as good)

Yeah the full version is great on my Galaxy S3, but when Im not by my home's WiFi I use the mobile version to save data costs

Its not painful on a 4.8 inch screen :teehee:

Nor a 4", plus unlimited data here!

Well for me the data cost isnt huge, i just stay away from very image heavy threads, and i have 2gb a month which goes pretty far.

I have it setup so it is perfectly formatted, so all i need to do is scroll up/down, and the links arent very hard to hit for me.

The main reason i switched is i was sick of not seeing sigs and not seeing the "last page" link on long threads

Yeah if I had data limits I would use the mobile version....actually I'd never buy a smartphone with data limitations :D

But yeah I agree with nothing being watered down :)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Yeah if I had data limits I would use the mobile version....actually I'd never buy a smartphone with data limitations :D

No such thing as unlimited mobile data here in australia, the biggest plans top out at 5 GIG from what i have seen, there might be a couple of 10 GB plans around for well over $100 per month

True as that may be, if your theory is correct...that would mean the spammers think we're dumb :mellow:

Sorry missunderstanding. They send the emails/spam to everyone but they poorly format it so that the smart people ignore/ban the user. They don't want smart people responding because we tend to spend a large amount of our time messing with the spammer and they don't end up getting a payoff. But if there is a lurker on this site who has no idea that they haven't actually won the European Secret Lottery, then the scammers get a hit.

Your first post was clear. Makes a lot of sense and I'm glad they cater to the stupid people. Their laziness supports my laziness.

He who is the last supporter L337 names needs to spend less time on his 4" screen and spend more time on a real monitor then he would have been able to read your post more clearly. :P Jokes aside, it is pretty funny that you can pick out the people who read the forums and post from their phones.

I use the mobile version most of the time, but if I need to do something the mobile version doesn't allow I just change my user agent, reload the page, do whatever needed to be done and then change back.

The main reason i switched is i was sick of not seeing sigs and not seeing the "last ui" link on long threads

Not sure what's wrong with you but you can still navigate to the last page while on the mobile version.

Eg the official I just bought thread right below the title I have 1, 2, 3, 175 and if I ignore the numbers and just open the thread it takes me to the last post I read.

And personally I don't like helping people that expect you to look at their sig. After all its just like them wanting you to put in effort when they're not willing to do so themselves.

Data hasn't been an issue for me with 5gb of it but speed and ease of mobile much better than desktop :)

ugh all of you people have smart phones of some sort. I'm still using a motorola razor 2...

Haha want my pos smartphone :P

I remember the old razor haha that's ancient now in terms of mobiles.