What's wrong with spammers and bots

Is it just me or does anyone else see the posts of bots and spammers as borderline retarded or way out of date as they copy paste a news headline from somewhere.

There was a bit of spam just now from a few different accounts and they all seem so stupid. With sentences makings no sense grammatically or otherwise. With lots of bots saying things along the lines of " hello, this is best site thank-you lots of informations processors cpus motherboards help lots, the best".

Then there is those dictionary/wikipedia posts it just really makes me wonder why boys haven't been created better and makes me wonder if there is a single intelligent or at least one spammer that sounds like they older than 8 or 10.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or does anyone else see the posts of bots and spammers as borderline retarded or way out of date as they copy paste a news headline from somewhere.

There was a bit of spam just now from a few different accounts and they all seem so stupid. With sentences makings no sense grammatically or otherwise. With lots of bots saying things along the lines of " hello, this is best site thank-you lots of informations processors cpus motherboards help lots, the best".

Then there is those dictionary/wikipedia posts it just really makes me wonder why boys haven't been created better and makes me wonder if there is a single intelligent or at least one spammer that sounds like they older than 8 or 10.

you know what they say, boys will be boys :teehee:

but yeah... they all sound either illiterate or as if english is their second language....which this forum isn't lol

here's my winning find just now, mods must be snoozin'

hi..

Our software recommendation for testing a computers motherboard and CPU. This is a great tool. Easy to run and use for looking for failures with your computer. In addition to testing a computer, this program also includes a burn-in feature for new computers or computers with a new motherboard or CPU.

Where's the tool tyler? :biggrin:

Edited by IVIYTH0S

here's my winning find just now, mods must be snoozin'

See that little "Report" button in the lower left of a post? Pretty helpful for you to actually use it to point out spam to mods. :rolleyes:

The mods can't read minds, but they can read the reports we send them.

See that little "Report" button in the lower left of a post? Pretty helpful for you to actually use it to point out spam to mods. :rolleyes:

No report button on mobile OCC so I can report nothing 90% of the time :D

And Mythos leave my boys alone :P

I know I know, usually I leave a witty comment in regards to the spammer and the post(s)/thread(s) are gone long before I ever get around to reporting them.

I was just kidding about the mods snoozing, they are amazingly fast at evicting spammers here.

No report button on mobile OCC so I can report nothing 90% of the time :D

And Mythos leave my boys alone :P

I was about to say the same thing. :P

While I simply did not report them in this instance(s), ya'll need to just use the full version of OCC :rolleyes: mobile versions of sites are for flip phones and iPhones :lol:

I actually heard on an interview somewhere with a former spammer that they write like that on purpose so that only the stupid people respond. That way, they don't have to put effort into trying to scam someone smart. For example, my friend and I both recieved a message from the Nigerians about transfering 18 million dollars to our accounts so that it could get to America, ect. I responded with a message claiming to be the real Nigerian prince and challenging him to a duel to the death. I never recieved a response. My friend on the other hand, responded in a manner we thought best represented an old lady who isn't too good with computers. He got replies right away and kept them going all the way until he confessed his undying love for them that they stopped sending messages.

The idea is that if they can get 95% of the stupid people and filter out the smart, they have to do less work than if they try to tackle 100% of the market.

Exactly, I actually wrote up a guide on it ... See here : http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=186061

I simply did not report them in this instance(s), ya'll need to just use the full version of OCC :rolleyes: mobile versions of sites are for flip phones and iPhones :lol:

The full version is infinitely harder to use compared to the mobile one. :P

I prefer full version on my S2

You're weird, you to mythos haha

I have a 4" screen and much prefer to use mobile browser. It loads indefinitely faster i only have to scroll up and down and never need to worry about text wrapping or anything if I zoom in to read the text.

The mobile version of occ is very good and I have bound the "view new content" link to a gesture in dolphin :)