What is Apple's issue?

Also if Apple where to source everything from the states they would fail to meet demand their prices would greatly inflate and I am more than sure they would find a way to squeeze higher margins from saying it was all american.

I don't think higher prices have ever affected their sales :lol:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, I'm not an Apple fanboy, but what you are saying is utter b.s. At least provide evidence to back up your proof. Apple is far from a dying company. It's dominating the tablet industry.

Apple's iPad share of the tablet market surged to 68% in the first quarter of 2012 from 54.7% in the fourth quarter of 2011 according to the IDC, International Data Corporation.

Apple's iPhone is in second place in the smartphone industry. We all know that high profit margins come from the smartphone industry, not the mobile phone one. In addition, we also know that Apple nets higher profits from each phone sold as opposed to Samsung. Apple controls 24.2% behind Samsung's 29.1%.

Finally, Apple's earnings in 2011 surpassed $108 billion with a net profit close to $26 billion. That was for the entire year of 2011. If you look at Q1 and Q2 of 2012, you are going to be left speechless. In the first two quarters of 2012, Apple managed to earn $85.53 billion with a net profit of $24.66 billion. In Q3, Apple will surpass what they earned in 2011. Apple has tons of money to spend. They are not dying.

Edited by UkJenT

Apple's iPhone is in second place in the smartphone industry. We all know that high profit margins come from the smartphone industry, not the mobile phone one. In addition, we also know that Apple nets higher profits from each phone sold as opposed to Samsung. Apple controls 24.2% behind Samsung's 29.1%.

Not to mention iPhone is the only Smartphone Apples sells, unlike others who sell different kinds of smartphones aimed at different segments..

Just saying

Really the fact is, it's business. As simple as it seems, a company big enough would want to have monopoly over the market..

There is nothing wrong with selling one "great" phone if it's a cash cow. There's no need to for Apple to sell 10 different kinds of smartphones like Samsung, HTC, Sony, etc. There's no need. People are satisfied with the iPhone, If not, they'll buy something else. Apple can't please everyone.

There is nothing wrong with selling one "great" phone if it's a cash cow. There's no need to for Apple to sell 10 different kinds of smartphones like Samsung, HTC, Sony, etc. There's no need. People are satisfied with the iPhone, If not, they'll buy something else. Apple can't please everyone.

What I'm saying is the iPhone itself makes up 24.2%. A single one product.

No matter what people said of it being overpriced, crap, etc, the public still buys and is satisfied with them.

Edited by vandreadstriker

I am just saying they really do not need to go any higher

Wouldn't affect me none, they're already too high :lol: It's their problem if they'd rather sell high then sell more

That's the only reason Apple survives, they go the "console manufacturer" route with their products, as in very sheltered and very small differences in models often sticking with one for awhile

Advantages:

They can optimize the balls off of it. (better customer experience)

They can make manufacturing of them super streamlined (better profits and in nice companies, better end consumer prices)

Disadvantages:

Customers don't have as much control with their product

Customers don't have much variety in their choice of Apple products (that carry out the same function)

I have a feeling if they ever tried to do something that required more effort like having multiple models with the same target market or purpose, they'd fail epically.

Apple has an ego that can't fit through the Lincoln Tunnel. They are the new Microsoft. We but the stuff they produce but we hate them. I have a Macbook Pro. My sig tells you why. I can play SC2 and D3 on it. Lion was a terrible OS update. Broke some of my software. Apple will be happy when Windows 8 comes out cuz Microsoft will be back on the block.

I hope Microsoft can get itself together. But as I see it, Microsoft only hopes it can achieve what Apple has so far. Microsoft has yet to use it's OS to make it the most dominate operating system in the tablet and smartphone market.

There is nothing wrong with people buying Apple products because they want to be "cool" and part of an "elite" group. It's all part of advertising 101. I understand there are so many Apple haters. I also understand it's also "cool" to hate Apple. So, it's sort of funny.

A lot of you kids around on this site, were likely to young to remember the evil days of Microsoft.

It used to be that everyone hated Microsoft for their practices.

When a company gets to the point of being on of the wealthiest in the world, your going to get haters. Microsoft was at that point once, and I remember conversations like this were happening about Microsoft...

Everyone is a critic, and well there really is no stopping that.

Apple is just a corporation looking out for its stockholders, like any major corporation dose. Can you blame them to try and protect their intelectual properties to ensure a safe fiscal future for their shareholders? Nope....

If it wasn't Apple it would be someone else you all would be hatting on.

Obviously whether you like it or not Apple is doing something right, and selling products. You can moan all you want about how its not "innovative" or "not as good as Android", but at the end of the day Apple still sells their products. They are doing it better than any other company on the planet, and nobody really can deny this. They have created products that people are willing to pay more for. when other companies are forced to slash prices, Apple rarely dose this.

I think people forget that other companies engage in similar battles over their patents. Google has sued many companies over violations, you just hear about Apple's cases more.

This is nothing new in the corporate world.

Apple has sued some of their manufactures of components over patent disputes. You need to remember though that companies like Sony, Samsung, HTC, etc are huge conglomerates that are made up of several different "companies". Apple gets LCDs from Samsung, and they still have lawsuits with Samsung that are going in several countries. At the end of the day though its all about the money, Samsung dosen't care who they sell LCDs to just as long as they sell them.

If you had a restaurant that you owned and only served food to your best friends, you would be out of business pretty fast ;)

I have several Apple products and enjoy them a lot. I really don't understand why there is so much resentment over Apple on this site, obviously the site is focused to PC enthusiasts and I understand that. Its just a company making popular products, nothing really to hate there imo...

AS someone else said earlier in this topic, Apple is really more of a software company these days. They like to tell you that they are a hardware company, but in reality they aren't. All their hardware these days is the same hardware you find on PCs. The only real hardware they still design is the actual Logic/Motherboards for their devices. They buy all the chips, processors, etc and assemble.

OSX is really a great operating system once you get to know it. A few years ago when I heard someone liked a Mac more, I thought like a lot of people in this topic have (Macs suck, etc...). Today after having a Macbook Pro for several years now, it litterally is the best laptop money can buy. Sure it might not have the best hardware or the most upto date graphics chipset, but what it dose have is quality. Something 90% of laptop manufactures lack these days...

Edited by greengiant912