Awesome parenting

Silas13013

Chores are not slave labor. HER chores are slave labor.

Getting coffee for someone is not a chore.

And I did check with one of my friend who has a law degree. Indeed he can be sued. The laptop was hers. Ownership is 9/10ths of the law fellows. He defaced her property.

Also, interesting side note. I called child protective service to check the situation out. I gave the lady the link. She said they have already dispatched someone to investigate. They said they are already working on a search warrant. Apparently, there has been a reported case of domestic abuse from that family. Hence the mother and step mother issue. She also said that if what the girl said is true through and through, then it does not constituent as normal chores.

Check and mate guys.

my display pic is a MFW this post

Spanking = OK

Abusive beating = Not OK

Chores = OK

Shooting a laptop I bought for my kid that uses it to disparage me publicly because I expect him/her to follow the rules = Priceless

Guess I'll just put it out here - if you're my child and I'm putting a roof over your head, feeding you, paying your health care insurance (and possibly car insurance) buying your class ring, yearbook, paying for your braces, putting money back for your college education (and the list could go on and on) - I don't owe you a compromise solution.

I have rules and expectations and it is your responsibility to follow and adhere to them. If you don't there aren't any compromises. Parenting is not a democracy.

When your parent gives you a chore, that's more than just getting work done to help around the house or farm - that's teaching you how to work and the value of doing a job and doing a job right.

When your parent tells you to do something, most of the time there is a reason for the request - when you do as your parents ask you learn how to follow directions and take direction - something that will come in very valuable when you become an adult and try to hold down a job

When your parent tells you not to do something - most of the time it's because it's for your own good

When your parent expects you to be polite and do as your told that is teaching you how to be respectful of those that God has put in authority over your life

When your parent disciplines you for miss-behaving or not doing as your asked that's teaching you there are consequences for not following rules

Our society is literally at the edge of collapse because kids no longer learn at an early age that there is right and wrong. There is (or at least should be) authority in their lives. Many are disrespectful, antagonistic, selfish little brats with an entitlement attitude. Parents can't spank for fear of reprisal, they've taken the paddle out of the classroom, many schools don't even recite the Pledge of Allegiance at the beginning of the day anymore. Heck, you can't even say a public prayer before a darn football game. Sad, sad, sad.

I'm not going to get involved, just going to ask one question.

How old are you Tjj? It sounds almost like you are 14 years old yourself, you know everything and everyone else is wrong.

I infact know a 14/15 year old just like you, he always has to be right, he will try and fight you if he thinks you think he is wrong, he forces his opinion on people 4 times his age with a 100 times his experience. He is smart but that's his downfall. As for your stuff about being in college, skipping grades just means skipping experience. (and you seriously excpect me to believe that at 14 you started college?)

I can't say anything about the parenting thing cause i am not a parent, but what i can say is that punishment when i did wrong made me a better person.

I just showed it to my super hero friends and Batman said theres nothing illegal going on. Superman agrees. Aquaman is still undecided but really...who cares what he thinks really.

King me.

This shall be sigged when next on my pc

:lol:

Thank you for giving me hope for the human race. These people were starting to make me think I should vote for newt gingrich and live on his moon base. ;)

woo woo woo, I don't agree with you. I just think he's a lazy, over-dramatic, asshat.

He probably should have talked to her before shooting the laptop. I mean come on, why start out shooting the laptop? There were better alternatives to the situation. He sure doesn't seem like a guy that one could easily be friends with.

TL;DR: I think he's more of an angry drunk than a fun drunk.

Spanking = OK

Abusive beating = Not OK

Chores = OK

Shooting a laptop I bought for my kid that uses it to disparage me publicly because I expect him/her to follow the rules = Priceless

Guess I'll just put it out here - if you're my child and I'm putting a roof over your head, feeding you, paying your health care insurance (and possibly car insurance) buying your class ring, yearbook, paying for your braces, putting money back for your college education (and the list could go on and on) - I don't owe you a compromise solution.

I have rules and expectations and it is your responsibility to follow and adhere to them. If you don't there aren't any compromises. Parenting is not a democracy.

When your parent gives you a chore, that's more than just getting work done to help around the house or farm - that's teaching you how to work and the value of doing a job and doing a job right.

When your parent tells you to do something, most of the time there is a reason for the request - when you do as your parents ask you learn how to follow directions and take direction - something that will come in very valuable when you become an adult and try to hold down a job

When your parent tells you not to do something - most of the time it's because it's for your own good

When your parent expects you to be polite and do as your told that is teaching you how to be respectful of those that God has put in authority over your life

When your parent disciplines you for miss-behaving or not doing as your asked that's teaching you there are consequences for not following rules

Our society is literally at the edge of collapse because kids no longer learn at an early age that there is right and wrong. There is (or at least should be) authority in their lives. Many are disrespectful, antagonistic, selfish little brats with an entitlement attitude. Parents can't spank for fear of reprisal, they've taken the paddle out of the classroom, many schools don't even recite the Pledge of Allegiance at the beginning of the day anymore. Heck, you can't even say a public prayer before a darn football game. Sad, sad, sad.

+1 Wev you are a man after my own heart (aside from me being an atheist and a Canadian, lol)

I definitely agree that giving children something and expecting nothing in return will teach them nothing when it comes to the value of a dollar and hard work, and that will definitely not make their lives any easier once they move out.

woo woo woo, I don't agree with you. I just think he's a lazy, over-dramatic, asshat.

He probably should have talked to her before shooting the laptop. I mean come on, why start out shooting the laptop? There were better alternatives to the situation. He sure doesn't seem like a guy that one could easily be friends with.

TL;DR: I think he's more of an angry drunk than a fun drunk.

Ahahaha :lol:

"Asshat" there is something you don't hear often enough.

I'm not even going to touch what else you said, but right & wrong, and morels are all relative. They are all different to everyone else.

We never should have had the Pledge of Allegiance. It's a device that breeds Nationalism. Nationalism is the worst thing that can happen to a society. It splits the culture into fragments, and leaves nothing, but disdain for anyone different.

You can pray all you want at a damn football game. Hell, you could pray inside court house. It's just that the prayer can't be organized by a government organization.

Society isn't collapsing; it's just changing, and if you can't deal with that constant than that is what is truly sad.

My son (currently 2 yrs old) is well behaved when we go places. We've had several comments on how well he listens to my wife and I. But at home, there have been a lot of spankings to get that obedience. It's not fun to spank but we do it because we love him and want the best for him. If we didn't spank him and let him run wild it wouldn't be loving when he ran out into the road and got run over. Giving spankings in the right way is loving. I always tell him before I spank him why he's getting one and afterwards I make sure I try to comfort him.

Spanking = OK

Abusive beating = Not OK

Chores = OK

AMEN brother....

The Point of a Parent is to teach our Children Values and Morals... most of which children have none these days...

Fact of the matter is that children that are "Lost" in society and in trouble lacked Discipline in the home which in turn teaches one Self-Discipline...

these kids get the thought in their head that Thank God when I become of age and I dont have to follow rules any more as I will be my own person.... which is WRONG... even after you become of age there are still rules and people who make sure you follow those rules (Judges) and you WILL follow them...

I am currently going thru that with my oldest Sons Mother... she is one of these kids that lacked discipline and lacks any kind of self-discipline and just figures she is her own boss and can do as she pleases...even when the judge tells her no she cant...LOL she is learning she cannot...LOL

Spanking = OK

Abusive beating = Not OK

Chores = OK

For the most part I agree with what you say.

I think you and a lot of people don't understand just how far that ideology can be taken though.

I mean the people literally right next door told me to my face and in front of their kids that they just had kids so that they could do the work for them. At first I thought it was a joke, it wasn't.

Is anyone aware that there are people (and a lot more than you think) that just have kids as slave labor and will say it as bluntly as they can? I mean for god sakes this lady adopted one kid and the other was a test tube baby. Both of these kids serve the parents. I mean what a waste of a human soul. That is what I am against. It is the idea that too much extremism has seeped into and become basic parenting.

Spanking is not ok period. That will end soon enough and you can all hate me for it, I honestly don't care.

I think where a lot of the discrepancies are is how you guys view what the girl actually did. I think most of you feel like all she did was threw a temper tantrum and bitched about her chores.

Now, as I have said throughout this entire topic. There is a girl down the street. She lives in a family of 9. Yes 9 kids. All of them do some sort of labor around the house, except for this one girl. She acts as if she does everything around the house. She has no care or consideration for those around her, and she isn't exactly the brightest light bulb in the pack either. She has done somethings that I believe this sort of a course of action that this guy is taking would probably be PERFECT. Best example was that she was dating a boy who was selling drugs and her parents said no. So she punched a hole in their brand new iMac. Her brother drives her around ALL over the place. I mean ALL over the place. One night it was raining REALLY hard, and she was upset and bitchy as usual, and she said that he does nothing around the house. He told her to get out of the car (while it was still raining,and mind you we were all in the neighborhood at this point). She said no, so he started driving away from their house. He said the longer she doesn't get out of the car, the further he would get from the house. Finally he gets to the end of the neighborhood, turns off the engine, takes the only umbrella in the car, and walks home leaving her in the car to rot.

Now see why do we have to spank when we can come up with creative punishments like that? To me that was genius. Well until the girl comes knocking at our door cold and wet, and I am too much of a nice guy to turn her away. Damn guilt :yucky:

However, I think this girl is being over worked. I do not believe that if you forget or miss a single chore you should be grounded. I mean my friend just next door was grounded for 3 months because he did not take out the trash because he was burning through his homework at a million miles an hour trying to get it done so he didn't fail his math. I mean this guy seems just as totalitarian.

It isn't that someone should not be punished for wrong doing. But my god. It did not sound like this was the average situation. I truly believe this girl was being worked to death. Not necessarily because of chores, but because of the consequences if she did not meet his standards.

I think every single one of you guys who has a child have faced a situation where your kid made simply made and honest mistake by forgetting to take out the trash. In that case I would hope that you would at least say "well try not to forget" and move on. I think you all allow for some sort of breathing room for mistakes or possibly will ease up on chores if the situation demands it ie the kid has a job and she or he can not do as much as they used to.

However, I think that is where you guys and this guy differ. It doesn't seem to me like this man had any leniency at all. I know of 12 families around us that have no leniency. Some of them come up with rules simply because they like controlling their kids. They literally make a game out of it.

I don't think you guys understand how extreme people can get with their parenting. I am all for constructive parenting and some form of order. For instance what you have wev (which the exception of spanking) is a fair approach.

What this guy did was taking it wayyyyyy to far for a situation that should have been talked about before anything else. You never use guns to prove a point. The guy claims to be an adult, but what he did was childish. The girls life and words should be taken with a lot of weight considering that there are indeed people that take things WAY too far. Including chores guys. I mean when you have a cleaning lady, and you still make your kid clean the floors, that is a pretty big flag to let you know something is not quite right.

I mean my mother LITERALLY almost verbatim minus the curse words. Says the exact same thing to me about her working conditions. I do all I can to help her out, so am I supposed to assume that she is being disrespectful to me, or do I take that as maybe I could do more to help her out? Mind you I do pay for mostly everything, so the roles are indeed reversed. You are all so quick to give into the illusion that children are different from adults which is why you see it as the kid being disrespectful to the parents. But I guarantee you if the roles were reversed, the parents tracking mud onto a floor that was just cleaned, getting the parents coffee, and trying to build a garden for them all sound like they are being disrespectful to her.

We have all had mothers. If the mother was this girl, doesn't it sound an AWFUL lot like how we used to piss our moms off? Tracking mud through the house as she cleans it up? Asking for a drink without saying thanks? Wanting to do a project just to let her do it by herself? Can any of you relate? Now my mother always used to yell at me for stuff like that (and I certainly don't blame her for it). But isn't that all this face book post really is about? Someone feels under appreciated and she wants to go on strike. I mean how many of our mothers said they are going on strike, or that they should be payed for everything they do around the house? I can only imagine about 80% of all the members mother said something similar.

Now does the mother provide any monetary, or social benefits to you ie food, a roof, insurance? Sometimes, but most of the times no. So if she is going to yell at you, does that mean that you turn around and take your gun and shoot her laptop because she disrespected you? HECK NO!!!!!! That would be stupid right? Why wouldn't you do that? Because she does clean up after you, because she does get your drink, and because she does try to finish all of your projects for you because she loves you.

I think if all of you were to get your mothers on the phone and showed them the video, and asked them if they have ever felt like the girl. I think they would all respond with something to the effect of, are you kidding me?????? If that were me that post would have been 20 pages longer to you son.

Looking at it a bit differently and relating back to situations I already know of, I see that there is and was a WAY better way of handling it. I can honestly say it was the parents fault, because it was my fault when I tracked the mud through the house when I was a kid, and in all fairness I could have been a lot less taxing on my mom. So it has to be the same if the roles are reversed. That is why I am so adamant to say that I know it is the parents fault for their daughters feelings, because it was my fault and probably most of your faults to get the same damn words out of your mother.

I hope this at least changes some of your opinions about the situation. Or do I need to tell on you to your mothers??? :lol: