Awesome parenting

Silas13013

All I want is a perfect system. Is that too much to ask? Not hitting. No violence. No acting out. Just one big happy .* family. Is that too much to ask? Hmmmmm?

You know if a family is a dictatorship and you all are so happy with dictatorships. Then I know of a wonderful and perfect place for you. It is called North Korea. Maybe you should look into a Time share there?

Sorry to break it to you Angel, but there is no such thing as perfection. Perfection is subjective.

The family dynamic has always been an authoritarian dictatorship. Ask your government/political science professors.

No offence or anything but I think you are naive for thinking that "no violence. no acting out. Just one big happy family" can be actualized.

Edit: Nope. Most of our parents are from the old school train of thought and would not agree with you Angel. Like I said, you have to look at the situation through the perspective of the parents. You are only looking at it through the child. I can understand the child's frustration and displeasure as I have felt the same way one too many times when I was a kid, but you have to see things from a parents point of view as well.

Edited by PremiumAcc

I read KB's article and it's hilarious. Here's a good excerpt.

The one I see most frequently is people without children giving advice on parenting. It drives most parents nuts because, before they had kids, every mom and dad on the planet had a firm grasp on what choices they'd make when they had their own. And once they did become parents, every theory they ever had on the subject got stuffed directly into their rear-ends and fired into space like some sort of parenting butt-cannon. It's not like you imagine it's going to be, but you don't know that until you're knee deep in the experience.

sauce

:lol:

I'm not even going to touch what else you said, but right & wrong, and morels are all relative. They are all different to everyone else.

We never should have had the Pledge of Allegiance. It's a device that breeds Nationalism. Nationalism is the worst thing that can happen to a society. It splits the culture into fragments, and leaves nothing, but disdain for anyone different.

You can pray all you want at a damn football game. Hell, you could pray inside court house. It's just that the prayer can't be organized by a government organization.

Society isn't collapsing; it's just changing, and if you can't deal with that constant than that is what is truly sad.

Yep, you can spout off all that Bullsh&* when you're being forced to read the Koran, bow three times a day to the east and grow a three foot long beard for fear of losing your head................... literally.

Right, wrong and decent morality is not relative. And if you're going to get into an argument with me at least learn how to spell morals (not morels). And you're 100% wrong about the prayer issue. In many parts of our nation (hell even here in good 'ol Arkansas), the time honored tradition of both teams taking a moment of silence, and yes even praying before a game has been nixed for fear of being sued by the ACLU. And 24 guys deciding to pray before a football game doesn't constitute government organization. Geez, you've even got nutcases taking cities to court over nativity scenes in the town square.

Well... I do not know how you obtained that sort of information, but if it is true, then you were right in believing that there was more to the story. However, based on the tasks he listed in his video, those tasks were FAR from being slave labor. If being demanded to make coffee for her father is slave labor, then I have to call up my parents and tell them that they used me as a slave when I was a child as they had me make dinner from time to time. And I think the NAACP would be offended if they knew people were considering this as slave labor, as it makes light of the pain and suffering they have endured for centuries.

By no means do we think this man is an amiable person, we merely agree on the fact that those tasks requested of his daughter were reasonable and that children take for granted what their parents provide for them.

Well yes to the first part, and you should call your parents up. I called my dad up, called him and @$$ and to go to hell, and then so did my mother. So why not going the party?

As for the second part no? Fist off, slave is a word that means WAY more than just the African community in the 1800s. Romans had slaves, Egyptians had slaves, Russians had slaves. America is not the only country with slave blood on their hands. So the word means something far worse than what you and the NAACP give it credit for. It has the blood of the innocent has been on the word for far longer.

You guys also lack any sense of what values and morals are for.

When we had the hippie movement, NONE of those kids you thought had any moral or values. When in reality they had better ones than any of the adults had. The adults were strict, totalitarian, harsh, and rigid.

Tj, quit spouting off bullsh&* you don't know anything about. You weren't even a drop of sperm dripping off your daddy's wanker when "we" had the hippy movement. The only thing you know about the 60's and early 70's is whatever you've seen on television or read in revisionist history books. The fact is for all of the social "awakening" afforded under the guise of the hippy movement, it will forever be foreshadowed by the disgraceful way we treated our men and women veterans when they returned from the Vietnam war. And I'd guess that less than about 10% of the participants in that movement were participating for altruistic reasons and really trying to drive positive changes in our country. The remaining 90% were hanging just to hear cool tunes, smoke weed and get laid as often as possible.

I'm beginning to think that if I made a statement talking about how bad the Black Panthers were that you'd try and tell me that your dad was actually a member of the Black Panthers, that all they were trying to do was advance equal rights for blacks and that he NEVER spanked you.

Well yes to the first part, and you should call your parents up. I called my dad up, called him and @$$ and to go to hell, and then so did my mother. So why not going the party?

As for the second part no? Fist off, slave is a word that means WAY more than just the African community in the 1800s. Romans had slaves, Egyptians had slaves, Russians had slaves. America is not the only country with slave blood on their hands. So the word means something far worse than what you and the NAACP give it credit for. It has the blood of the innocent has been on the word for far longer.

I know that many societies had slaves, and they were subjected to cruel treatment. But, your statement just furthers my point. How could you compare the little girl's tasks with that of slaves'?

Edited by PremiumAcc

I'm not even going to touch what else you said, but right & wrong, and morels are all relative. They are all different to everyone else.

We never should have had the Pledge of Allegiance. It's a device that breeds Nationalism. Nationalism is the worst thing that can happen to a society. It splits the culture into fragments, and leaves nothing, but disdain for anyone different.

You can pray all you want at a damn football game. Hell, you could pray inside court house. It's just that the prayer can't be organized by a government organization.

Society isn't collapsing; it's just changing, and if you can't deal with that constant than that is what is truly sad.

I totally agree.