Your Sound Equipment

Fogel

cyber acoustics ca-3602 + crappy onboard audio

and plantronics 367 headset.

even though i rarely use the speakers, its probably time to upgrade.

Edited by venomoc

Oh and the speakers are some Pye Audio 40watt rms 3-way floor standing goob, exactly what they are who knows :lol: still working that out

My grandmother used to work for Pye back in the (I think) the 50/60s - but she made TV sets, not speakers

AFAIK they made those speakers after being bought by Philips in '76 - they sold the factory near where I live to Sanyo and started making audio equipment in Singapore + Malaysia

My grandmother used to work for Pye back in the (I think) the 50/60s - but she made TV sets, not speakers

AFAIK they made those speakers after being bought by Philips in '76 - they sold the factory near where I live to Sanyo and started making audio equipment in Singapore + Malaysia

That's about all I have found out about them haha for $30 they do great as loudspeakers for parties my more critical and normal listening is done with my A5+ speakers or AKG Q701s

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have an Asus Zonar Sound Card (the cheap one) with onboard amp.

I really like the sound card, I have only had a couple cheap sound cards but this one is very nice.

M-Audio AV40's.

Good all around sound. Not fatiguing to listen to.

They are intended as reference speakers but they really pound at higher volumes. Not a totally flat response but they do sound excellent.

Tweeters to admirably at keeping up without being annoying.

Not exactly subtle when they are turned up but I do like them a lot.

These really don't shine until about 33% volume plus, which is a bit much for average listening if you have other people to worry about.

Everyone who hears them is pretty impressed. I would buy them again.

Sen 515's

Well I bought them for pretty cheap. I think they sound pretty good, well they are excellent for the $50 I paid for em.

Some color but not an audiophile experience, kind of muddy on the low end but respectable.

They do take to an amp fairly well. They have impressive max volume with no distortion.

For the money they cost now I would go for the 518's or the extra for the 555's. I have listened to the 518's and like them.

• 3 weeks later...

Audioengine D1 plus Beyerdynamic DT990s

Glorious headphones, plus a nice DAC/AMP

Really sounds great, makes me really hate music on my Corsair SP2500 speakers now, will have to do something about that :angry:

I have a bad feeling that this is merely the start of a long money-pit

A gloriously sounding money pit :happy:

Audioengine D1 plus Beyerdynamic DT990s

Glorious headphones, plus a nice DAC/AMP

Really sounds great, makes me really hate music on my Corsair SP2500 speakers now, will have to do something about that :angry:

I have a bad feeling that this is merely the start of a long money-pit

A gloriously sounding money pit :happy:

I LOOOVE the DT990s. :music:

I know both sides of what you say. You get picky and you start looking for things to complement them ...trying to avoid the money pit myself.