Your Sound Equipment

Fogel

Sold the 8's and got a pair of RTi A7's and CSi A6 in cherry.Had crossover mods done on them and the woofer baskets have been Dynamatted

post-14919-0-38956600-1335852345_thumb.jpg

post-14919-0-92315900-1335852408_thumb.jpg

Center and crossover mod

post-14919-0-66107500-1335852468_thumb.jpg

post-14919-0-24425900-1335852541_thumb.jpg

post-14919-0-33353700-1335852562_thumb.jpg

L/R and crossover mod

In the process of building up my audio again asit had all fallen apart over the last few years.

However I now have my glass av cabinet out again and it is looking mighty bare. First things I am looking for are a CD player and tuner, an equalizer and audio selector and a 300watt or greater class a amp to replace my dead technics one :-/

At the moment my Harmon AKG Q701s are shipping from the states to me. It will be nice to have a decent pair of headphones again, been so long since I had my senn 480s.

I do currently have my Audioengine D1 and it is following me around ATM because I can no longer stand my laptop soundcard in the slightest.

I am looking for a job ATM because without it I am not going to be able to pick my speaker building back up. However that may take a nose dive in favour of saving for the pure sq build in my new car which I aim to get around Christmas.

nice mod you've got there Vooduu! :thumbsup:

how is it going with your mod?

It sounds a lot better than it did stock.The mods tamed the brightness and brought it to a smooth and warm sound,especially in vocals.Also a tighter bass response and it digs a little deeper.

That looks sweet!

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Sold the 8's and got a pair of RTi A7's and CSi A6 in cherry.Had crossover mods done on them and the woofer baskets have been Dynamatted

Nice! :thumbsup:

It's been awhile since I even been in the Audio sub-forum, mostly due to distractions I didn't need. Really wasn't expecting this thread to take off.

Anyhow, I finally updated my iTouch with some lossless quality on my favorite albums but it is skipping. I know not everyone here uses ipods and many hate them, but anyone have an idea why my music (only on the loseless quality tracks) would slightly ...i guess pause is the best way to describe it. It's like the audio version of lag. I'm using some super cheap buds here because I don't want my nice stuff to walk so it is possible it could be them unable to handle the fidelity, but I am guessing it is iTouch itself. It's not constant, its random and will play just fine for awhile through a song and then... it has to catch up to itself. I'm wondering if the 1st gen Touch can't keep up with lossless quality. It's really annoying me though.

I will try with the Beyers when I get home, but thought out I would check here to see anyone had any ideas in the meantime.

Edit:

Boo - it is the player. Looks like I need to update my firmware after all.

This temp fix is working though:

I have a 2g 32GB Touch and can confirm the issue. I have not yet contacted support though it doesn't sound like that will do much good. After several hours of testing I can confirm:

2. It only skips when the screen is locked. Setting it to "Never Lock" and leaving it unlocked offered hours of skip free ALAC playback.
  3. After locking the screen it skips at random intervals, not in the same place on the song. Replaying the song shows skips at different points.
  4. It did not skip while playing music from the Touch while it is connected to iTunes.
  5. As others above have concluded, it does not appear to be an issue with the ALAC files and probably not with the hardware since it plays fine when the screeen is not locked.

Edited by Fogel

As I become more and more of an audiophile, I have been picking up more and more sound equipment.

I just picked up http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0347192

I got it for 50 bucks off of the returns rack after haggling the price down a bit :biggrin: . I know it is not the greatest of sound equipment, but hopefully I can modify some things a get a bit better sound quality than my cheapo razer headsets :-/

As I become more and more of an audiophile, I have been picking up more and more sound equipment.

I just picked up http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0347192

I got it for 50 bucks off of the returns rack after haggling the price down a bit :biggrin: . I know it is not the greatest of sound equipment, but hopefully I can modify some things a get a bit better sound quality than my cheapo razer headsets :-/

Audiophile and Z506 oh please post this on head-fi :lol:

When I say "more and more" it means it is a slow SLOW march up to becoming an audiophile. My biggest concern is spending 10000000 dollars on a sound system when my ears are so poor that it sounds exactly like a 200 dollar system. I am trying to find a point at which my poor hearing is the bottleneck in my sound system and not spend a cent more than what I need to :lol:

Plus the other thing is I am really not a speaker kind of guy at the moment. This is truly meant fas a shear test to see how I will like it. If I don't care for it, and decide that I like headsets the best then I will return these and get the Q701s or a better headset. If I like the speakers, and I can design a good layout for my room, then I will return these and PM you for your thoughts in about a week or two for an upgrade. As I mentioned before, my one and only goal is to not overspend on sound and I am really only doing hands on experimenting. Hopefully that is more respectable than laughable.

Edited by Tjj226_Angel

Don't be obnoxious.

Currently, I have a Denon 1910 multi-zone receiver, zone one goes to Polk Audio RM10s for television and console gaming. Zone two has Energy C-50s for PC use. My subwoofer is an Acculine A-Sub. The subwoofer has two inputs,one for each zone. I never miss out on the great bass from either zone. :) Overall, the system is rather nice, frequency response it pretty good. Smaller satellites are the weakness in the system, but I haven't got space for anything bigger. Doesn't make much difference for my use, however.

When I say "more and more" it means it is a slow SLOW march up to becoming an audiophile. My biggest concern is spending 10000000 dollars on a sound system when my ears are so poor that it sounds exactly like a 200 dollar system. I am trying to find a point at which my poor hearing is the bottleneck in my sound system and not spend a cent more than what I need to :lol:

I say start speaker building :) it is such a fun and rewarding hobbie.

You can start of with any old pos drivers and start revising improving and making new stuff. I really wish I had a store like parts-express in aus, as it is I am paying the $50 shipping on a $160 pair of tweeters from there, to add some more high end to my car.

The cost of solid audio components on there is brilliant and you can make the cabinets so they give the best response.

Don't be obnoxious.

Currently, I have a Denon 1910 multi-zone receiver, zone one goes to Polk Audio RM10s for television and console gaming. Zone two has Energy C-50s for PC use. My subwoofer is an Acculine A-Sub. The subwoofer has two inputs,one for each zone. I never miss out on the great bass from either zone. :) Overall, the system is rather nice, frequency response it pretty good. Smaller satellites are the weakness in the system, but I haven't got space for anything bigger. Doesn't make much difference for my use, however.

Haha I have no issue with it but I would find it funny to see what the would say on head-fi.

As it is I have an older logitech x-530 5.1 set up on my pc, haven't used it in some time but it does give decent sound. Nothing on my pos towers I built in terms of clean and loud sound or my Q701s and A5+ speakers for detail and clarity but for games and movies and stuff there isn't anything wrong with them :)