Your Sound Equipment

Fogel

Give me two months tops and I will make; 8 2400x1200x12mm sheets of mdf and 1 1200x800x19mm sheet of pine along with 20 1200x24x24mm cedar posts, do something beautiful with 12 6" midrange/woofer cones and 12 1" dome tweeters from Hertz as well as two 12" 300 watt RMS subs and two 1200watt 4ch amps and a Silverstone L-13B.

Parts should start to be purchased next weekend :evilgrin:

That sounds epic!

That sounds epic!

It's because mum wouldn't let me build a desk in my room :cry:

Apparently I ain't allowed to study in my room anymore so...... Oh and there is actually a second timber list involving sheets of ply, 100x100mm cedar posts 90x45 structural pine and some cedar decking....... I hate my current bed :-/

Right now I wish I hadn't passed on buying the table saw a few months ago. Will just need to make do with jigs, power saws and the drop saws.

I have changed a bit since this video, but it's all in here maybe I'll make a new one soon, just got rid of that old desk and got a new one so I had to wall mount my rear pro monitors.

Give me two months tops and I will make; 8 2400x1200x12mm sheets of mdf and 1 1200x800x19mm sheet of pine along with 20 1200x24x24mm cedar posts, do something beautiful with 12 6" midrange/woofer cones and 12 1" dome tweeters from Hertz as well as two 12" 300 watt RMS subs and two 1200watt 4ch amps and a Silverstone L-13B.

Parts should start to be purchased next weekend :evilgrin:

Mmmm...line array mids/tweets along with a large woofer on each side. ME LIKEY!

Mmmm...line array mids/tweets along with a large woofer on each side. ME LIKEY!

rears will be at the top of a 1200 tower

---- 6" ----

-- T -- T --

---- 6" ----

fronts will be also at the top of a 1200 high tower

---- 6" ----

-- T -- T --

---- 6" ----

---- 6" ----

center will be possibly

---- 6" ----

-- T -- T --

---- H ----

-- T -- T --

---- 6" ----

and the center will be on its side with the H possibly being a horn tweeter more for aesthetics than anything else :lol:

Purchase of speakers will take time and will only be done when towers are complete.

Mum will flip her shiit :lol:

The cones will all be left open as they are a sexy looking black, which will be set into a gloss black mdf framed with stained cedar.

Creative Fatal1ty gaming headset:

Placemarker (Ordered these a few days ago, be here Monday or Tuesday, I'll test them out for a bit and leave my feedback then.)

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE PCI sound card (SB0570):

Rating: 8.5

DEFINITELY Recommend Because:

Best in it's price range, which is low-budget.

Amazing clarity, with CMSS-3D and limited EAX-3D emulation. **EAX-3D emulation is not equal to true EAX-3D available in X-Fi cards, but closest second alternative.

Watch out For:

Driver Issues.

Lack of I/O compatibility.

Logitech X540 5.1 Surround System:

Rating: 9.0

DEFINITELY Recommend Because:

Cheater-level directional precision and clarity.

Deep, quick, responsive bass that doesn't linger.

Crisp, clear treble that doesn't whine or pitch in any uncomfortable manner.

These are the reason I became an audiphile.

Watch out For:

End of Life- Lack of repair options for self repair. Subwoofer/controller is entirely over-sealed and several cables contain 30+ internal wires in a single sleeving. Requires surgical precision to avoid damage between these two factors.

Logitech S-220 17 Watts 2.1 Multimedia Speaker System - OEM:

Rating: 2.5

CANNOT Recommend Because:

Terrible, whiny, distorted treble.

Lack of bass balance, at low levels it is nearly non-existant. At high levels it is "too quick" and too deep. A deep, stretched rumble turns into a rapid cannon shot.

Overall "painful" sound quality in most applications: I focus hard on hearing sentences in games and on youtube, constantly pause/rewind- even at high volumes. Causes headaches.

A few things they got right:

Compact, light, louder for it's extremely small size.

Attractive subwooofer: Sounds okay if put into enclosed space (ie. desk drawer).

Functional volume knob w/ long wiring. **Though construction is horrible and flimsy of the rorating knob itself.

Music plays well at a distance: ie if played from another room. At desk-distance, it's horribly whiny.

RCA RT2770 1000W Home Theatre System (via Optical Cable Input)

Rating: 7.0

SOMEWHAT Recommend Because:

Loud, reasonably crisp sound **with proper aftermarket speakers, stock aren't up to par

Attractive casing, blue lighting.

Functional with multiple inputs, from RCA-Coax-Optical-Headphone.

Programmable to IR remotes (such as comcast) and Android phones (via Windows itself).

High compatibility, can use any speaker on the market. Simply stripping the end of the cable and properly splitting them allows ANY form of speaker to be used, 1000W amp provides ample power for most speakers on the market to function at peak.

Watch Out For:

Large, obtrusive, bulky design is not intended for desk placement. Requires second table, stand, etc with exception of extremely large desks.

Problems with 5.1/7.1 audio on Windows side: Any drivers NOT downloaded through windows update seem to limit speaker channels to 2.1 (stereo).

Lack of bass control with stock subwoofer: 4 setting toggle button, also off switch on subwoofer.

Sub-Par stock speakers.

Edited by dragonsdontfly

Just got a Polk Audio PSW Series PSW10 Black 10-inch Powered Subwoofer. It is an amazing sub woofer (top rated sub on newegg) and for only 89 bucks it's cheap. I used to use a Gemini XTR-400 sub for my PC but it is wayyy to overpowered for my room.

Pros

cheap

loud

tight bass and great for small to medium size rooms

fills most rooms nicely

Cons

cheap cabient (thin walls)

only 100watts

power cord is not detachable

Edited by Black64

Just got a Polk Audio PSW Series PSW10 Black 10-inch Powered Subwoofer. It is an amazing sub woofer (top rated sub on newegg) and for only 89 bucks it's cheap. I used to use a Gemini XTR-400 sub for my PC but it is wayyy to overpowered for my room.

Pros

cheap

loud

tight bass and great for small to medium size rooms

fills most rooms nicely

Cons

cheap cabient (thin walls)

only 100watts

power cord is not detachable

there is no such thing as too much bass, you are just doing it wrong then

there is no such thing as too much bass, you are just doing it wrong then

Of course there is. :lol:

Don't take that the wrong way - but you can easily overpower your system with too much bass. Systems with multiple subwoofers and stock speakers in cars come to mind.

Of course there is. :lol:

Don't take that the wrong way - but you can easily overpower your system with too much bass. Systems with multiple subwoofers and stock speakers in cars come to mind.

Or if you took the subs out of your lounge and use them with your PC and have some self powered no name stereo speakers.

Too much bass can be a gaming hazard. If bass overpowers treble, small sounds like footsteps and reloads can be easy to miss. Taking away any advantage that extra money for a decent sound setup got you.

I had that issue in MW2 once, and in TF2. I couldn't even locate gunfire accurately, because more than anything I heard jet powered lawnmowers rumbling by.