not sure where to post this.

neko77025

this refers to the OCC website & fourms.

We need A way to get news to the website faster ... First off , the reason I come to OCC is for the forums or the ppl on the fourms .. As far as the website goes the news/articles are old or late vs other sites. Sometimes days late. ... How do WE past news to the website so it gets posted ?

I try to spred info on fourms ... the mods will just delete a post if it is the same as another .. and well ppl dont read all the 23x diffrent forum links.

Anyhow just tryn too put that out their to help.

What in the world are you talking about? We've had news on this site appear days before other sites even get it picked up or care to report on something properly.

If you don't like how we report things, we have this wonderful link on the main page of the website called "Send Us News." You could use that to send us a link to a story.

As for your posts getting deleted, if you are referring to your HD 7970 on Newegg topic.. you had two of the exact same topics posted minutes apart in two different sections. There was no need for that, so one of the mods took care of it.

I try to spred info on fourms ... the mods will just delete a post if it is the same as another .. and well ppl dont read all the 23x diffrent forum links.

If you'd care to read the rules which Obviously you have NOT...then you would know that double posting is against the rules.... There are Forum Sub-Sections CLEARLY labeled that the info you wish to post goes into...

Its really common sense and easy to understand the rest is up to you...

As per the PM I sent you I told you I myself deleted you Video card Post in the members lounge... it was the exact same as the one you correctly posted in the video card section... again no need for duplicate post...

if you post it people will see it...

If there is ever a lack of news I will blame Troy :evilgrin:

Haha the reason I chose this forum was the news topics and reviews at times they may be slower than other sites but at other times quicker.

Its not all about the speed its also quality.

If you'd care to read the rules which Obviously you have NOT...then you would know that double posting is against the rules.... There are Forum Sub-Sections CLEARLY labeled that the info you wish to post goes into...

Its really common sense and easy to understand the rest is up to you...

As per the PM I sent you I told you I myself deleted you Video card Post in the members lounge... it was the exact same as the one you correctly posted in the video card section... again no need for duplicate post...

if you post it people will see it...

This.

Posting the same thing in multiple sections is useless. Just use the Active Content link and you'll see everything active from all the subforums.

If there is ever a lack of news I will blame Troy :evilgrin:

Dont worry, there will never be a lack of news - Jim has enough Science news to spam us with :P Jk

Damn .. I did post this in the write place .. this is called Site Help & Feedback part right ... not the go off on the fourm users. Just because you are A Moderator/Editor dont need to get attitude about me asking / pointing something out .

I now see the Send Us News link .. its bit hard to see.

What I was tryn to do .. is let members of this forum/site know the Card was out and let them get A chance to buy it before it is sold out.

But now I am so disappointed at the responses of the sites moderator/ news editor. Just rude .. when all i was trying to do was help members.

And yes, sorry but this site is slower on news then the others that I read. ( I am disabled & do not leave my house @ all .. all I do is read hardware news and play games all day long. )

and will end it their before I saything thing I will regret..

Hardware news is "slower" because either news editors have to wait for a press release (they don't get contacted by manufacturers). In addition, I don't think hardware news posts are a main focus of any of the news editors because we have our own reviews and post up review links to other sites in the daily roundups.

The only hardware you'll find us "on top of" is some reviews, where there will be a "worldwide" launch, so you'll probably see reviews from various sites launch within hours of each other. In those cases, even if our reviewer on that product is done beforehand, we're not allowed to get it posted before that launch date.