Skyrim: What is you Rig and Settings

VaporX

Thought it would be neat to see what everyone is using to play Skyrim.

I am running an FX 8150, 16 Gig HyperX DDR 1600, HD 6950, 120 Gig HyperX SSD and playing at 1080 resolution on Ultra detail.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sig /w CFX disabled, High settings with sliders maxed, 2560x1600

I can play ultra but the FPS dips down a little and I like to keep it as close to 60 as I can. Maybe after a good driver/CFX profile i'll be able to bump it up.

2600k at 4.9GHz, 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24-1T, two GTX 580 1.5GB's at 870MHz Core Clock with a GTX 460 1GB at 970MHz for PhysX (not needed for Skyrim), four Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB's in RAID 10 with a Kingston V+100 64GB SSD in Enhanced mode for Intel Smart Response Technology (SRT) and playing at 1920 x 1200 resolution on maxed out Ultra detail with 8xAA and 16xAF, and a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD sound card using a Sennheiser RS180 headset. Better sound is another setting that enhances the playing experience.

I've not yet played in 2D Nvidia Surround at 5760 x 1200 as it doesn't seem to have any added benefits (it would be nice if you had it in Nvidia Surround or Eyefinity that your Magic or Weapons or Favorites or Maps or Journal, etc could be open in one of the side monitors to easily change them around on the fly, think World of Warcraft).