Steve Jobs Has Died...

t0asty

If the products wouldn't have been so over priced I bet apple would have sold even more. That being said its why I dislike apple products. RIP Steve Jobs

That is the exact reason why I respected his business sense! I mean he used the all of the same components that PC's were using, ran a different OS, put a logo of an apple on it, quadrupled the price, and then convinced people to buy them :whistling:

Bishop, just like you, the price tag is why I dislike Apple products so much....but also, to play devil's advocate, the exact reason why I respected his business model so much!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never knew much about him besides him being CEO of Apple, and thus the share the same sentiments for non-Apple people. However, his death strikes me with the same sadness as when Darth Vader died. He ruled with an iron fist, but there was more to him than that.

His death is a huge blow to the tech industry. Apple was either the company you loved, or loved to hate. Steve and the company led the way as the whole industry followed. There are many smart guys they can put in his place and call CEO,Chairman, etc, but Steve was a visionary and those people just don't come around.

I hate the whole i-crap line of products but it doesn't mean I'm happy he is dead... however his latest work of 5 versions of the iphone are far from revolutionary...

I see a lot of comments like this on this post tonight... It actually has me kinda shocked. I mean its alright not to like a brand or something, but to say that he didn't push to innovate and revolutionize the industry he worked in is just wrong....

Steve jobs and his leadership lead to the modern age of computing. Before the Macintosh computers were just used in offices with no real practical home applications.

I bet you half the people here on this website who were born in the 80s-90s were introduced to computers with Macs. The first computer I ever touched was a Apple II, and I was born in '86... The man was a brilliant business man, and an even more brilliant innovator.

To say the iPhone was far from revolutionary, just makes me scratch my head... The iPhone brought an innovative touch interface to touchscreen devices, something that was lacking. Its Apple's ability to combine software with the hardware to make it run in away that is super intuitive that is revolutionary in itself!

The touch commands while yes simplistic, were innovated by Apple. Hell all the PCs in the world owe Apple a little homage, if it was't for billy gates deciding to create a super friendly OS after seeing Macintosh the world might be a different place today....

This article sums it up the best... http://www.macrumors.com/2011/10/05/steve-jobs-has-passed-away/

Steve Jobs was one of the most iconic figures of the personal computer revolution. Like what he did or not there is no way to dismiss the contributions he made to the personal computer and the way computing has evolved. With that said, thank you Steve for all you did and now rest in peace.

you have to admit...evenif you dont like Apple nor own anything Apple they (Apple) still have changed your life...

Without Apple we wouldnt even have Smart Phones today...meaning no Droid phones and possibly no laptops....Both Innovations of Apple and maybe years ahead of the times...

I'll have to echo many other sentiments that I've read here already. I'm not a great lover of Apple products, but much of that is driven by the elitist attitude of those that purchased and used Apple products in the early years, and the flat out fanboyism of anything Apple from that group of users. However, Apple single handed pushed every other technology company to evolve and innovate. Steve's company brought competition to the field, and that is always a good thing.

While the new CEO will effectively lead the company, he doesn't have the passion or the vision that Steve had. He can't. There isn't any way to instill the passion that exists when an entrepreneur takes an idea and turns it into an empire. That passion comes from the soul. Steve was ahead of his time, he was a dreamer who also happened to be effective at turning his dreams into reality. In the business world we call that execution. Plans, dreams and visions are great. But not worth a paper clip if you can't turn them into reality.

I always saddened when people who deserve to enjoy some "retirement" time end up passing on early. It always feels almost like they had something stolen from them. But hey, maybe that's just my own realization of mortality speaking through.

I'm also saddened at the death of another American icon. Steve epitomized the view of America as a country of ingenuity, innovation, technological superiority and entrepreneurship.

Steve Jobs was one motivated SOB. He was a Lion in his early days and wasnt at all interested in the Tech status quo dictated by the likes of Intel and Microsoft and others. We all knew he was sick, but from the way he worked right up to almost the end, it was surprising to see him go so soon after giving up leadership. RIP Steve, you will not be forgotten for a long long time.