Nyt Ryda's Rig

Nyt

Lower heat capacity means the fluid temperature increases more for the same amount of energy added to the fluid. This means your two primary temperatures of concern (fluid temperature, processor temperature) become closer locally. That makes heat transfer harder :popcorn:

Ah that makes sense, thanks. :cheers:

Ah that makes sense, thanks. :cheers:

Yeah, it might not show up easily elsewhere in forced convection equations, but if you start thinking about a heat exchanger where you might have a sufficient increase in your fluid temperature before the exit of the fluid from the HE, then it really starts to make sense :teehee:

Would higher heat capacity mean that it can hold more heat in the fluid from heat energy given off the CPU in joules which means you can disperse more heat in just one pass through the rad ?

Would higher heat capacity mean that it can hold more heat in the fluid from heat energy given off the CPU in joules which means you can disperse more heat in just one pass through the rad ?

It means it takes more energy to raise the temperature of the fluid in the loop - AKA it runs cooler and disperses more heat.

You won't find anything with a higher specific heat than water though...

It means it takes more energy to raise the temperature of the fluid in the loop - AKA it runs cooler and disperses more heat.

So that means coolant IS better than water :P

Anyway we can end the coolant vs water conversation now since Im getting coolant anyway :P

Maybe if you all are good I will take a teaser pic of my rig running BF3 :P

But water has a lower heat capacity than coolant ! You people are just confusing :P

At this point I dont give a s*** about one degree in my loop anymore :P Im using coolant :P

Well I think it doesnt matter using coolant or water - It seems the difference is negligable . I'll use coolant this time and in my next flush I'll try water again.

Oh and I finally took some pics. Check Post #2 :)

Need to resize first