A Gaming PC in 600 $

sharingan5

Isn't the 9400 on high end micro ATX motherboards? Its better than an IGP solution as it has dedicated memory but its a weak and old core... I mean the 6670 is much better... so what do you have in plan for an upgrade in the future?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be a waste of money to go with the I5 and use it with the 9400, any of todays $100 video cards would be a 200% improvement .And you know within 1 week of using it you will want to play higher end games.So sell the 9400 for $40 to a bud ,add $60 and go for something decent.

He has an i3 at the moment so it has a HD2000?

I do not have an i3. I only have a 9400 GT which I now decided to change anyway.

I''ll buy a Radeon HD with Crossfire X support...

Also which processor would be better, an i7 2600 or an i5 2500k??

I do not have an i3. I only have a 9400 GT which I now decided to change anyway.

I''ll buy a Radeon HD with Crossfire X support...

Also which processor would be better, an i7 2600 or an i5 2500k??

"the Core i3 part and the Nvidia Geforce 9400 GT remains the same (as I already have it)(I am going to upgrade my card before I buy the i5 though)"

Do you plan to overclock? Do you require Hyperthreading or is the i7 thing the TurboBoost?

"the Core i3 part and the Nvidia Geforce 9400 GT remains the same (as I already have it)(I am going to upgrade my card before I buy the i5 though)"

Do you plan to overclock? Do you require Hyperthreading or is the i7 thing the TurboBoost?

Its TurboBoost, I7s have 4 cores and 4 threads. I5s have 4 cores and that's it.

Don't buy the I5-2500k unless you plan on overclocking.

I also suggest you get a ASUS monitor. Their the best monitor brand I've ever used, I've gotten several Samsung's, LG's and Viewsonics in the past to compare with and ASUS I must say is the best I've seen

I'm confused,(which isn't too hard for me) one minute you have an i3 and 9400 already and the next you don't have an i3, which is it, if you want some help you have to be up front about which parts you already have.