A Gaming PC in 600 $

sharingan5

Listen to this man! ^^^^^

Don't even think about it, just order that. SO much better performance for your dollar.

edit/more: I JUST build a buddy of mine a build just like this (AMD 955, HD6870) for $600 and he loves it. I even managed to fit a Cooler Master Storm Scout in the budget. Definitely look into getting the AMD build, you will be much happier in the end. The HD6870 will blow your mind if you have been using the 9400gt.

Only problem he already has the cpu and video card, but I agree the amd build would be much better.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only problem he already has the cpu and video card, but I agree the amd build would be much better.

From what I understand, he only has the 9400GT, which of course he cannot keep if he wants to game.

From what I understand, he only has the 9400GT, which of course he cannot keep if he wants to game.

And the SSD is only a 60GB, which of course he cannot keep if he wants to install his games and programs :P

lol. I was scared to be seen as a fanboy... I was just trying to show off another option. :)

Awesome selection, the 955 is the BEST budget processor buy there is right now. I would argue the PSU right now, if it is not at least 80PLus certified then do not buy it. You should be able to snag an Earthwatt for about the same price and wattage.

As for the 60 Gig size, I refer you to this piece I did a while back.

Bringing Your Laptop To Life

Specifically I would suggest looking at where i describe how the 60 gig has a lot more space than many people thing.

Now true he could not load up a ton of games but if he has one to three that he plays and that is it, he could fit okay on a 60 gig SSD.

Hey guys..

My specifications as well as my budget have changed.

My new specs are

Intel Core i5 2500K

Asus P8P67....what about the Asus P8H67-M PRO??

4GB DDR3 Kingston

1 TB Seagate HDD

My choice of cabinets remains the same...

500 W S.M.P.S (Corsair / Cooler Master)

Whjat do you think about my new specifications??

Any advice or suggestions would be welcome.....

Also I live in India so the hardware costs here are pretty high compared to the States....

AMD is not available here..........but TheSmith, your suggestion was awesum...I truly appreciate it and I'm disappointed that I can't buy it...

Well guys..any and all help is appreciated (again)...Thanks for all the gr8 advise you ppl have given me till now.....

Also you guys are sure that I can't keep the 9400 GT for the kind of gaming I have in mind????

You could keep it, but I really don't see the point in getting such a powerful cpu then holding it back so much with a terrible graphics card. You'll be able to play the games you said, but at no more than minimum settings.

Also don't get the h67 motherboard as it doesn't support overclocking :thumbsup: