Official Crysis 2 DX11 incoming Monday 27 June

Nyt

Wait June 27th? That was like, a month ago lol

Guess I should have clarified the purpose of my post. For those that may have downloaded and installed the Beta version of the patch or any other version available before the official release of full patch 1.9 on June 27th :)

Finally got updated to 1.9+DX11+HiRes Texture.

PQ is well........ awesome.

Had to reduce overall graphics quality from Ultra to Extreme to maintain +90FPs average (GTX570 x2 SLi). But other than that the new patches do make the game prettier.

That average keeps me above a 60FPS minimum. And I'm very "intuned" to jitters, skips, erratic frames etc.

I don't believe any one that tells me that a game running at 60FPS average looks or feels as good as one running at 90FPS average as long as your running a good monitor.

That average keeps me above a 60FPS minimum. And I'm very "intuned" to jitters, skips, erratic frames etc.

I don't believe any one that tells me that a game running at 60FPS average looks or feels as good as one running at 90FPS average as long as your running a good monitor.

Sounds like you have ADHD. :teehee:

I think some people probably notice that stuff more than others though, personally I'm pretty relaxed about such things and don't really care if my game is running max settings or lowest settings. I'm the kind of person that doesn't have much of a problem playing games at 22 or 24 FPS, but preferably I like mine to be 30 or higher.

There are some games that I run into where I just can't stand the framerate though, Alice Madness Returns is a good example of a game that has visuals all messed up, here's a tip for anyone here looking to make a platforming game, never limit it to 30FPS and then have irregular frame rate drops during jumps. :lol:

So now we say, "can it run Crysis 2 DX11 and High Res?"

No its much less demanding. I think my good ol HD 4870 512mb could max the regular game @ 1920x1080...we should be asking, Can it run Metro2033? :)

Man the DX11 and Hi-Res textures are really eating VRAM ... Im maxing all my mem in this game while other guys with 3GB 580 use around 1.8-1.9GB :blink:

This was all at 1080p with Max settings.

Anyone with a 6970 who can tell us what their mem usage is ?

lol @ 60fps max u can see hahaha the human eye can see no more than 24fps(but ur brain certainly does) although higher reduces headaches and eye strain last i checked.. hence why its good to have a refresh rate higher than 60hz.. which refreshes the picture 60 times a second.. u dont see it refreshing but ur brain does.. and it hurts..

as for only 60fps? dude id like to see u get those frames at my rseolution.. im running 3 screens btw.. and yer nyt.. cant run the highest settings now coz i run into Vram bottleneck.. was thinking of selling these off and getting the 3gb ones instead...

Edited by mattyamdfanboi

If a game maintains 60 FPS, you would not notice any difference between that an a game that maintains 90 FPS. If you're noticing erratic frames, then it's probably dipping well below that, probably down below 30.

LOL @ the 580's VRAM deficiency!! Fail!!

LOL @ the 5970 only having 1Gb per core and having super problems with tessalation in this game

SUUUUuuper FAAAAIL :P

The 6 series are having even worse problems :lol: