Official Crysis 2 DX11 incoming Monday 27 June

Nyt

MyCrysis confirms Crysis 2 Texture updates + DX11 coming Monday 27 June with Patch 1.9

Crysis 2 DX11 and High Res Textures Update

As a number of users were able to download the DX11 and High res texture packages from our test environment we would like to take this opportunity to explain how these files will work and our future plans via a short FAQ;

Where can I download these files?

We have removed the files from our websites until the full release date.

How do I install these packs?

Both the DX11 and High Res texture packages require Crysis 2 PC Patch 1.9 to work. Without this patch they cannot be installed.

When will patch 1.9 be available?

Crysis 2 PC patch 1.9 AND the DX11 and High Res Texture packages will be made available on MyCrysis.com on Monday April 27th!

Note the mistake on it (well until they fix it ) April 27th :P They mean June 27th :lol: Maybe it was supposed to be released in April ??

What do you guys think ? Worth getting the game now ? :P

They're just now getting higher res textures into the game? It really shouldn't have taken this long just to do that much, then again it shouldn't have shipped with textures that didn't even live up to the first game either, but what can you do when consoles rule the market? :dunno:

• Like 1

What do you guys think ? Worth getting the game now ? :P

I've got mixed emotions on the game. I never played the original, but I did pick up Crysis2 a few months back and spent some time in multiplayer.

For me all of the maps feel cramped compared to games I normally play like the COD and BF series. Multiplayer match times are insanely short too. It seems to me like

I spend as much time waiting for a new match to start as I do actually playing the match.

Current graphics pq is about average at best - so maybe the new DX11 and high def textures will improve on that aspect of the game.

We will see. I hope so because I really wanted to like the game.

I've got mixed emotions on the game. I never played the original, but I did pick up Crysis2 a few months back and spent some time in multiplayer.

For me all of the maps feel cramped compared to games I normally play like the COD and BF series. Multiplayer match times are insanely short too. It seems to me like

I spend as much time waiting for a new match to start as I do actually playing the match.

Current graphics pq is about average at best - so maybe the new DX11 and high def textures will improve on that aspect of the game.

Quick Play has had me in matches instantly, lately. And the round times are perfect in my opinion.

I can see the maps coming off as a little small compared to BF but COD maps are the smallest maps I've ever played on in any game. I only got to try a couple of the maps for Crysis 2 MP but they were much larger than maps in MW2 or BLOPs.

Probably the best thing to do to like a game is to just treat it like a game, it's not like when games make a leap forward in technology or game mechanics that makes the world a better place. It's just a video game, try not to judge it so harshly and you'll probably enjoy it. Of course I understand there are some games you come to expect something out of and can be let down, I actually had that happen to me with a game I'm playing right now. :lol:

Awful lofty system requirements for the High-Res texture pack & DX11....not sure if my 5850 and 4GB of ram (2 of my sticks recently died) are up to the task, guess I will just have to turn on DX11 first, see how that does and make a judgement call :unsure:

DX11 Package Specs

Minimum:

o DX11 compatible graphic card with 768MB Video Memory

High-Res:

Minimum:

o 64-bit Operating System

o DX9 compatible graphic card with 768MB Memory

Recommended:

o 64-bit Operating System

o Fast HDD or even SSD

o Quad Core CPU

o 8GB of RAM