Nyt

End Result :

1st Vettel

2nd Button

3rd Alonso

4th Hamilton

5th Schumacher

6th Massa

So many crashes at the first corner at the start . Rosberg , Petrov and some other good drivers too . Webber crashed out after he drove into a wall after loosing a front wing .

Vettel drove superbly and deserved to win . I just feel that if Schumacher didnt hold up Hamilton , Hamilton would be in third infront of Alonso :(

Not sure about the holding up Hamilton part. :dunno: It looked like a move followed by setting up his line into the corner. The stewards mustn't have thought it was a double move either, as they didn't penalize him for it.

and..."losing" his front wing :erm:

Vettel was amazing though...what a season he's having!

• Like 1

I think "holding up" as in Schumacher had a slower car in terms of lap times. If the McLarens hadn't ended up behind him at the start it may have been a different race. Still would have been tough to catch Vettel though.

There have been some good races so far this season, it is just a shame that nobody else has had the consistency to really give Vettel a challenge for the title, whether that be in performance or problems with the car. Vettel deserves to win it, no doubt about that, but it is always nice when there are a few drivers in with a shot when it gets down to the last few races.

I think it's fairly apparent that Ferrari and McLaren drew a line under the 2011 season a while back and are looking to be far more competitive in 2012 instead (don't blame them).

Gradual implementation of upgrades has seen the disparity become narrower, but it's too little too late! Fair play to Vettel though, but it's a shame the title race hasn't been much closer.

That said, second place looks like it could be far more interesting from now :)

• 8 months later...

instead of starting a new topic i thought i'd bump this one.

I'm loving the 2012 season atm. Its so competitive. 5 Races, 5 Different winners. and only 20 points (less than 1 win) separates the top 7 drivers in the world championship standings.

Constructors is looking to be a 3 horse race between red bull, Mclaren & lotus. Ferrari haven't got a chance unless Massa steps up, Alonso cant win the constructors on his own. Surely the team will ditch Massa at year end?

Its a shame Schumacher has had a poor season start, the car and he have looked good for the most part anyway

EDIT: didn't want anyone to think i meant ferrari ditch alonso. they're insane if they did but kept massa

Edited by bilcliff

Enjoyed yesterday's race!

Also loving the fact that there has been a different winner every race. Should make the season far more enjoyable than the last. (as much as I enjoyed Vettel winning! :P)

Yeah this season has been quite epic. Congrats to Frank Williams for his teams' victory and his birthday but feel sorry for them about the fire that occurred. Hopefully the injured mechanics recover soon and the loss in equipment isn't too bad.

• 2 months later...

Resurrected :)

2012 German F1 GP Results :

1st Alonso

2nd Button

3rd Raikkonen

4th Kobayashi

5th Vettel

Good race for Alonso... Drove very well

Enjoyed today's race, although I was disappointed after Hamilton's puncture and eventual retirement.

Vettel was hit with a 20 second penalty after the stewards deemed Vettel's overtake on Button to gain 2nd place as illegal after Vettel drove all 4 wheels over the track boundary to complete the overtake and Button was given 2nd place back and Vettel was effectively moved down to 5th after the penalty.