What is the scariest game you've played??

IVIYTH0S

Dead space just gives you insane shocking moments and startles ,but the scariest is the game from valve i forgot the tittle but you have no weapons and you and to keep hiding throughout the game.

I believe the game you are thinking of is Amnesia: The Dark Decent. Its on steam but it was made by Frictional games, not Valve.

I maintain that Dead Space is not scary.

Stalker definately! I always try to skip the night parts and the anomolies scare me! I never got past the first level cause of the creatures I saw on later on... The only game I really jumped of my chair was Gears of War with the beserker... in a dark room with surround sound... scary :lol:

Funny thing is I own all the Stalker games but I never got past the first level in them :lol:

Edited by Dan The Gamer

The original FEAR made me jump more than a fair share the first few times I played it. Late night.......... dark room............ with a headset on no less. And I face the wall so there is a whole empty room behind me.

lol you wussies. For me it's System Shock 2.

Cryostasis is an excellent game (performance hogging aside) and the horror melds well, nice atmosphere and story :thumbsup:

Dead space on the other hand is just monsters jumping out at you ever so frequently and going "argle bargle bargle" ... *yawn* not even an hour or so in and i could always guess when the next "BOO!" moment was going to happen lol.

Fear 1, Great game, solid story and implementation, though its more creepy then actually scary. Unless you count the moments when Alma shows up, she definitely has a way of sprucing up the place with a nice new Red theme.. :lol:

I'd definitely recommend you Amnesia The Dark Descent though if your after a good scare. See it doesn't rely on copious amounts of blood & Gore, but rather toys with you, and since you dont have big guns to fight back with, it really hits you that theres nothing you can really do but run, which is how a horror game should really be! :wub:

Edit:

Wait. What. You mean funniest don't you

Are you kidding me?! how can you NOT think Wheatley is the most terrifying character Evar?!! :lol:

Edited by SenitaL

Anything from The Sims franchise.....the thought of playing those games scares the crap out of me....oh wait you meant scary games?

Edited by krazypoloc

Doom 3, turn off the lights and have headphones this game scared me repetitively. i haven't played it in a few years so don't know how it holds up now. second runner up is dead space but it loses its scare once you get the sound ques down.