The Unofficial Battlefield 3 Thread

WhenKittensATK

Armored Kill is amazing. Maps are huge, exactly the maps I've been waiting for.

Also, Gun Master is fun on CQ w/ 24 players or less. Haven't tried playing anything else on CQ.

The urban maps of Aftermath should be good, like Grand Bazaar

Armored Kill is amazing. Maps are huge, exactly the maps I've been waiting for.

Also, Gun Master is fun on CQ w/ 24 players or less. Haven't tried playing anything else on CQ.

The urban maps of Aftermath should be good, like Grand Bazaar

Don't try CQ with 64 players. Not a lot of fun. Spawn and die.

For anyone looking for a deal on the Premium Expansion Pack you can use the coupon code shown in this article. Only caveat is that you have to make the purchase via Green Man Gaming. It's legit though. I used it last night and everything worked perfectly. You can't beat it for $38.

http://reviews.cnet....5_7-102115.html

I might need to try the new maps sober but the new maps look like they were drawn by crayons. They are big, yes, but visually I'm not impressed.

:blink: AK are the best looking maps I've ever seen

edit: Armored Shield definitely my favorite so far. It is insane on 64p conq.

Edited by _TheAlexO

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
DICE threatens permanent bans for users of color-editing Battlefield 3 mod

Although the notion of DICE hefting its ban-hammer over Battlefield 3 becoming too colorful seems absurd on the surface, the company is clearly adamant about protecting the competitive standards set in the unmodified game, where filters and gradients could potentially figure into each map’s overall balance.

This is absurd. How can they alow 2000 ticket metro, 64player maps to still be "ranked" servers and ban this? Indeed when the balance of some of the regular maps is so out of whack it's insane and instead of fixing that they are going after the fans that want the game to look as good as possible. "protecting the competative standard", unlikely.

• 1 month later...