The Unofficial Battlefield 3 Thread

WhenKittensATK

I love how it tells me that I have entered the wrong email or password as though it were MY fault and not theirs. This is the 2nd time.

Agreed, that really burns my butt. The first time I experienced their servers going down I got the same login error. After multiple attempts thought that my account might have been hacked or there was really some issue with my login credentials. Went through the trouble of changing my login information and still wouldn't work. Then............ I found out it wasn't an issue with my original login credentials at all. It was their stupid servers being down.

I know you can check the server status, but they really need to fix that issue when you try and login and get a user name/password error because the servers are down. The error should clearly just say that the servers are down and you can't login at this time.

Well I finally broke down and bought the Premium pack last night. The surprisingly short download time left me thinking there wasn't much content, but I am happy so far. The new assignments and maps are cool and that 'gun master' or whatever its called when you start with a pistol is a cool changeup from the norm.

I also just joined up to the OCC clan, so hope to squad up with you guys sometime.

Close Quarters maps, from everything I've seen/heard/read, are absolutely terrible. They take every bit of strategy and teamwork out of the game, and instead you just spray and pray.

This game :mfp:

Alex, please change your tampon. <3

:thx:

Closed Quarters maps are awesome in 24-32 player servers, I don't know who you've been talking too.

Strategy in a BF game:

1. Who can I spawn on

2. What's the closest base

Can't I do that in CQ maps? Oh yes I can.

Edited by AZNguyen

I pretty much agree with this article. link

Many of the class skills are negated by the very nature of these gunfights.

You rarely need ammunition boxes because most people don’t live long enough to exhaust their original allotment. Oh so how did I get all my Support resupply points for an assignment?

the recon class has no purpose in these cramped spaces. Don't suck, because I sure as hell got 100 sniper rifle kills playing CQ maps. Did I not get a ton of surveillance ribbons? Did my respawn beacons near flags not help my squad? Does recon only mean to you a sniper rifle with scope and sitting in a tree?

engineers may as well leave their AT-mines and repair tools behind. Never heard of Infantry mode? No, because he plays on the console lol.

The majority of the 16-player Conquest Domination matches I played were chaotic free-for-alls where soldiers raced from flag to flag with abandon, shooting anyone or anything that moves. And they don't do this in regular conquest either? I wonder how they always lose basses then. You can defend a base in this game mode as well as any other.

players spamming claymore mines, rockets, M320 rounds, and C4 in the cramped spaces. You can blame DICE for this one, all of those except for claymore mines (you can't spam these, you can only have 1 out if you call that spam lol). They are all required to unlock assignments.

The mode awkwardly retains a team structure, though it makes no sense in this context where only one person can be named the winner. Oh so it stays true to CS GG then? If he thinks these maps are chaotic why the hell would he want it to be a free 4 all in the first place?

The maps are much smaller than the traditional Battlefield maps, but I question why DICE dropped the player count down to 16. LOL, there is your problem. This is console review.

Bad review by bad console player.

Edited by AZNguyen

Bad review by bad console player.

You got those support resupply points by spamming ammo boxes? The person you are resupplying doesn't need to be empty for you to get points as I'm sure you know.. But he's correct in that you don't need to restock on ammo because you just don't have enough time per life to run out of ammo most of the time so really you don't need ammo boxes.

yes, "sniping" is taken out of these maps. Using sniper rifles is not though.

Engineers better leave all their tools behind, ya. No vehicles, not battlefield. I don't care about infantry mode and TDM or whatever. That isn't battlefield.

No, I don't think regular conquest is chaotic free for alls. It's chaotic, but in a good way. There is actual team play going on the Battlefield maps.

Even if they weren't required to unlock assignments, no doubt in my mind rockets and m320 are going to continue being spammed constantly. Ever play Metro?

Why would you want higher than 16 player count on these maps when it's already just a chaotic mess? I would want even less than 16 so I have some time to breath. If I want non stop twitch who sees who first wins gameplay then I'd play CoD

There is your problem, you're right. "these maps are much smaller than traditional Battlefield maps.." That's it. These aren't Battlefield maps. Only reason I would get this is for the weapon unlocks.

You got those support resupply points by spamming ammo boxes? The person you are resupplying doesn't need to be empty for you to get points as I'm sure you know.. But he's correct in that you don't need to restock on ammo because you just don't have enough time per life to run out of ammo most of the time so really you don't need ammo boxes. How often are you going to run out of ammo in a regular map, not often unless your lalalala spamming or camping. I ran out of ammo in a CQ map maybe twice in X hours I spent playing them. Last time I ran out of ammo in a regular sized map, don't even remember. The goal is to not run out of ammo, not to run out of ammo.

yes, "sniping" is taken out of these maps. Using sniper rifles is not though. You can still snipe just fine in these maps. Some of them have open courtyards you can defend or long hallways or high vantage points. Do I seriously need to make a sniping video on CQ maps to prove it?

Engineers better leave all their tools behind, ya. No vehicles, not battlefield. I don't care about infantry mode and TDM or whatever. That isn't battlefield. This is BF it was a highly wanted feature in BF2. Why the hell do you think people still play 24/7 Karkand.

No, I don't think regular conquest is chaotic free for alls. It's chaotic, but in a good way. There is actual team play going on the Battlefield maps. Nope its a basic free for all, people cap bases and leave to another base. Except in Conquest Dominion it happens at a faster pace since the bases aren't far away.

Even if they weren't required to unlock assignments, no doubt in my mind rockets and m320 are going to continue being spammed constantly. Ever play Metro? Metro is the worst map ever designed with the whole map being a bottleneck at any point. I played a lot of hours in CQ maps and I rarely see anyone spamming nades, m320, or rockets like on a Metro map. Do I need to make a video comparing Metro gameplay vs CQ maps?

Why would you want higher than 16 player count on these maps when it's already just a chaotic mess? I would want even less than 16 so I have some time to breath. If I want non stop twitch who sees who first wins gameplay then I'd play CoD Up to 32 players are just fine for CQ maps, There are times where I run around for awhile asking where the hell is the other team even with 32 player servers.

There is your problem, you're right. "these maps are much smaller than traditional Battlefield maps.." That's it. These aren't Battlefield maps. Only reason I would get this is for the weapon unlocks.

:withstupid:

I think I will make these videos after I finish my final exam next week. This is so sad.

Edited by AZNguyen