The Unofficial Battlefield 3 Thread

WhenKittensATK

I am trying to become a better sniper but have yet to get any sniper specific ribbons and had to uninstall bf3 as origin keeps trying to put on my ssd and its only 60Gb now away from home again for atleast a week so wont be playing since the laptop has the god awful intel integrated grafix

sneak it open install it put it back in the box play and say your playing modern warfare :evilgrin:

That's what I tried to do with Skyrim this year but I couldn't find where they were hiding it. Found my new monitor and some other things though :P

I am trying to become a better sniper but have yet to get any sniper specific ribbons and had to uninstall bf3 as origin keeps trying to put on my ssd and its only 60Gb now away from home again for atleast a week so wont be playing since the laptop has the god awful intel integrated grafix

My word, use some periods. Don't :typing: (they didn't have one I needed). I'm assuming that was through a mobile device :P

Open Origin

Click on Settings

Go to Downloaded Games

Click on Change

This will let you move the folder where Origin will download your games. If a game is already installed you can use something like Steam Mover to move it to another directory (works on anything, doesn't need to be a game or anything related to Steam.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Is it just me, or is launching this game a giant PITA? I'm sorry, but I paid the money for the game, and downloaded your crappy steam copy of a distribution service and I have to launch the game from my browser? WTF man? I wouldn't complain if it didn't crash the game half the time, but it does and it is extremely frustrating. I turned my OC off on everything and it still happens even with a fresh install. This is why Steam wins.

However, the time I have been able to play the game without the annoyance of joining games and Origin just being a waste of time in general have been EPIC. This game is by far the most realistic and most immersive modern shooter out there. I have played MW3, but I didn't get sucked in like I did with BF3. The campaign is really intense and the multiplayer is always a good time!

Does anyone use an xbox 360 controller to fly on the PC? If so, does it make it easier? I can't do it with a KB, just doesn't work for me.

I've been wondering the same thing. I have my controller sitting on top of my desk, but I am just too lazy to try it out haha. Maybe I will this evening.

I have gotten the hang of the heli okay with the mouse and keyboard, but with the jet I find myself throwing my mouse across the desk just to turn a few degrees. Might have to set up a different profile on my G500 mouse and turn the sensitivity way up whenever I want to get in the jet and see if that works.

Does anyone use an xbox 360 controller to fly on the PC? If so, does it make it easier? I can't do it with a KB, just doesn't work for me.

My friend is a 360 player and he says people say its hard to fly jets on the 360 too. It just takes practice. Using a joystick will help turning much better than an mouse (if you have a small mouse space like me). However its just easier for me to aim with a mouse than with a joystick.

This game is by far the most realistic and most immersive modern shooter out there.

lolwut?

Everything is running smooth for me with Origin and Battlelog. You might have some compatibility issues (update browsers, update all drivers, and/or try another browser, disable browser extensions/plug-ins/addons).

Edited by Krazyxazn

Oddly I SUCK at sniper in MW2/MW3, but it is so easy in this game. I just use the default loadout.

Another option in addition to Krazy's is SymLinks. Symbolic Links are really awesome. :)

I have heard of people doing that on BC2 with good success but not yet with BF3. I need to try disabling the "invert flying controls" and try flying again. I can't believe EA still hasn't put in a training mode to learn how to use their vehicles. BF2 was old and limited so I could understand. BC2 came around and I really wanted to smack them in the tutu for not including the mode there but figured BF3 would surely include something since they were introducing Jets .......................nope! It is 2011 and EA / DICE is still lazy as eva!

Edited by Fogel

I have heard of people doing that on BC2 with good success but not yet with BF3. I need to try disabling the "invert flying controls" and try flying again. I can't believe EA still hasn't put in a training mode to learn how to use their vehicles. BF2 was old and limited so I could understand. BC2 came around and I really wanted to smack them in the tutu for not including the mode there but figured BF3 would surely include something since they were introducing Jets .......................nope! It is 2011 and EA / DICE is still lazy as eva!

360 controllers are not supported by BC2, maybe you meant BF2