The Unofficial Battlefield 3 Thread

WhenKittensATK

The Limited Edition wasn't really limited lol. You can still go to the store and buy "limited editions" for the same price

But i'm fine with that, I didn't want to ALREADY splinter the fan base.

They made limited copies. When those run out there will be none left. Just like how you can still pick up preorder boxes that include bonus after the release, if the store hasn't sold them all.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Watched that video... I know what I will be playing tonight.

I love it when you get a good match where it's just non stop shooting and explosions going on around you. The sound alone in the game makes it just amazing.

Mobile AA...possibly the most annoying thing about the game, excluding tac lights and mortars. Nothing more infuriating than trying to fly a chopper out of my base and getting instantly raped by a mobile AA sitting just outside. Or the odd occasion when you find scrubs driving them right into flags and mowing down everyone because the barrels can aim far enough down to get a clean shot at a players torso.

IME its not that easy to take out an aircraft with the mobile AA. I have tried. The heatseeker upgrade is just as useless as any HS once countermeasures are unlocked. You have to be quite close to the aircraft to get a nice string of hits to take him out. Most experienced heli pilots fly through cover, fly fast and/or fly high. Definitely easier to take out helis than jets, granted. I agree about the mortars and flashlights; everyone I play with agrees with that. :)

IME its not that easy to take out an aircraft with the mobile AA. I have tried. The heatseeker upgrade is just as useless as any HS once countermeasures are unlocked. You have to be quite close to the aircraft to get a nice string of hits to take him out. Most experienced heli pilots fly through cover, fly fast and/or fly high. Definitely easier to take out helis than jets, granted.

I am just the opposite. If you find a few good spot to take cover from when engaging, it's easy to bounce back and forth and keep the planes and heli's guessing. I do usually get lucky 1 out of 10 times with the heatseakers if they don't have flairs, but mostly just wait till they are in range, lead the planes and heli's slightly and you can take them down easy. When they aren't near you, start taking out infintry or tanks :) My favorite though is when the planes and heli's get pissed and start coming for you, then they are always in range :D If I get locked on, I throw up smoke, go to my next cover spot and take them out...

I get really pissed though when one guy camps the AA all day and sits in the back of the spawn area. Then no, it's deff not that easy to take out things when you are that far away.

No worries either way. Now you know and you can do better. DICE does a horrible job of explaining their games, you just have to figure everything out for yourself (or read Krazyxazn's threads). I had to watch YouTube videos to figure out the SOFLAM and how it works. I looked and the stationary AA do have wheels on their base so I can see how it would be possible to be confused.

Yeah that is one thing I always wanted more from the Battlefield series - especially when it comes to flying. It sucks that you have to look for a clear server to figure out how to fly a jet/heli. The game makes you learn on the battlefield and people aren't very patient with you trying to learn ...even when they aren't in the vehicle - just the fact you wasted that vehicle gets them riled up.

And I still could swear I saw that "stationary AA" moving - I even remember the map - it's the one I hate the most. I'm going with hacker on this!

They made limited copies. When those run out there will be none left. Just like how you can still pick up preorder boxes that include bonus after the release, if the store hasn't sold them all.

Is making like 8 million copies still considered "limited" ? lol :P