The Unofficial Battlefield 3 Thread

WhenKittensATK

A friend of mine downloads the demo today... compares the way they are installing the game is like Onlive? Because nothing is in the hard drive??

I have not had a chance to take a look at it yet.. any ideas?

Installs to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3 Beta".

War? Thats a little excessive, though I have to admit I was half-expecting to be flamed for my choice of platform :)

ah sorry. I shall try harder next time :evilgrin:

Some of these people on the battlelog forums are just complete idiots. (about 95%) of them

Edited by ShallowBay

PS3 download was about 1 GB something, but I'm sure it was compressed prior to installing it. Didn't bother checking the game data file size since I got a 500 GB hdd on the PS3.

Oh right, so how do I get better weapons? Just by leveling up? Shouldn't the damage be higher at close range? You know since bullet drop is at its lowest and velocity is still high?

Ya Kill Cam sucks... better off watching a squad mate...

I thought the game had dedicated servers? Its annoying getting into a match as you have to go through like 5 unable to connects... also lobby/squad is messed up

There are two types of weapons. ALL KITS (meaning you can use it on any class) and CLASS-BASED weapons. You get the ALL KITS weapons by your player rank. You get CLASS-BASED weapons by playing that class. At least that's how it was in BC2 and I believe BF3 will follow the same route for unlocking new items.

They reduced the damage of sniper rifles at close range to discourage quick scoping I'm assuming. More about balancing than reality on this change.

They do need an option to skip kill-cam or to disable it all together client side. I'm sure servers will have the option to turn them off however.

The game has dedicated servers on PC and Consoles. I just finished playing 3 games on the PS3 and everything went smooth. I didn't change servers though just stayed in the one.

Edited by Krazyxazn

PS3 download was about 1 GB something, but I'm sure it was compressed prior to installing it. Didn't bother checking the game data file size since I got a 500 GB hdd on the PS3.

There are two types of weapons. ALL KITS (meaning you can use it on any class) and CLASS-BASED weapons. You get the ALL KITS weapons by your player rank. You get CLASS-BASED weapons by playing that class. At least that's how it was in BC2 and I believe BF3 will follow the same route for unlocking new items.

They reduced the damage of sniper rifles at close range to discourage quick scoping I'm assuming. More about balancing than reality on this change.

They do need an option to skip kill-cam or to disable it all together client side. I'm sure servers will have the option to turn them off however.

The game has dedicated servers on PC and Consoles. I just finished playing 3 games on the PS3 and everything went smooth. I didn't change servers though just stayed in the one.

Oh that's pretty cool then...

I never played BF or COD online so I wouldn't know....

Annoying as hell...

Yeah the game is ok as soon as you actually get into a game, I hate getting stuck in the landscape...

BTW my update was 1.3GB or something... love the way I don't need to install it since it technically sorta is?

Edited by Dan The Gamer