The Unofficial Battlefield 3 Thread

WhenKittensATK

Just reached rank 22, have to say i'm loving it. Really really good,

I've been having problems disconnecting from servers but when I get into a server and dont get dc'd it's awesome.

However it's incredably hard attacking on op. Metro, I've won 4 attacking round out of maybe 20 or so, a couple of stationary supports wreck havok in the second area. Besides from that and the abundance of glitches it's fun, and I can't wait to play the full game. :biggrin:

Also, silly me just realised that you switch firing mode on "v", making the AEK a beast. :whistling:

I think it takes more hits to kill with the semi-auto sniper rifles than bolt action sniper rifles. They also reduced sniper rifle damage at close range, from what I remember in the Alpha.

Kill cam is kinda lame. They didn't want to copy CoD's version. Nor did they want to give away enemy positions. However their implementation fails on both accounts.

Oh right, so how do I get better weapons? Just by leveling up? Shouldn't the damage be higher at close range? You know since bullet drop is at its lowest and velocity is still high?

Ya Kill Cam sucks... better off watching a squad mate...

I thought the game had dedicated servers? Its annoying getting into a match as you have to go through like 5 unable to connects... also lobby/squad is messed up

Edited by Dan The Gamer

I can speak to why I would want to, if I had access.

• Standardized hardware
  • Standardized drivers
  • Play on my 60" television
  • Easier access to playing co-op with my wife (who is an EXCELLENT support gunner)
  • Ease of just loading the disc and playing
  • Comfy leather reclining couches
  • I wont get medical marijuana resin or ash on my keyboard!

Lol im not getting in a console vs pc war but I'm currently playing on my PC on a 152" projector on my leather reclining couch :D :D :D

But you can do that too with consoles?

Yes. You were saying that's part of the reason you are playing on console. Which is fine i don't care obviously, just saying the same thing is possible on PC

Edited by ShallowBay

edit: Sorry for double

I think it takes more hits to kill with the semi-auto sniper rifles than bolt action sniper rifles. They also reduced sniper rifle damage at close range, from what I remember in the Alpha.

Kill cam is kinda lame. They didn't want to copy CoD's version. Nor did they want to give away enemy positions. However their implementation fails on both accounts.

Still need to fix my GTX 580, probably end up getting it replaced. Currently gaming with a 9600 GT and it can't run BF3 well. So PS3 until then.

Damn are you just waiting on them to send it back to you? Yea I think BF3 will eat that 9600gt for breakfast :D

I don't have a huge problem with the killcam, just wish I could edit my loadout instead of watching it.

Oh right, so how do I get better weapons? Just by leveling up? Shouldn't the damage be higher at close range? You know since bullet drop is at its lowest and velocity is still high?

Ya Kill Cam sucks... better off watching a squad mate...

I thought the game had dedicated servers? Its annoying getting into a match as you have to go through like 5 unable to connects... also lobby/squad is messed up

Yea just keep leveling up I guess. I'm level 12 and still workin with the base weapons besides the all kit weapons like a shotgun and the pp-2000.

It does have dedicated servers. Dont use the matchmaking, go into the server browser and only look for servers with open spots. It's not perfect you're right, but it's improved since tuesday

Edited by ShallowBay

Yea just keep leveling up I guess. I'm level 12 and still workin with the base weapons besides the all kit weapons like a shotgun and the pp-2000.

It does have dedicated servers. Dont use the matchmaking, go into the server browser and only look for servers with open spots. It's not perfect you're right, but it's improved since tuesday

I think it was the other guy talking about the reasons?

So do I have to level up my overall level or my classes? I'm on console so only matchmaking? The bugs make it annoying, if anybody gets that dark blurrry skin just open the menu and close it...

A friend of mine downloads the demo today... compares the way they are installing the game is like Onlive? Because nothing is in the hard drive??

I have not had a chance to take a look at it yet.. any ideas?

A friend of mine downloads the demo today... compares the way they are installing the game is like Onlive? Because nothing is in the hard drive??

If he's on PC he should have downloaded about 3,9GB, I know I did anyway.

Lol im not getting in a console vs pc war but I'm currently playing on my PC on a 152" projector on my leather reclining couch :D :D :D

War? Thats a little excessive, though I have to admit I was half-expecting to be flamed for my choice of platform :)