The Unofficial Battlefield 3 Thread

WhenKittensATK

Appletini is the password as Toasty said is the password for the caspian who wants to try.. So whats with the alcohol drinks as the password?? :P

Its fun.. Love it.. though people complaining about how heli flying is. .. they made the flying it too easy i guess.. Supposedly the tv rocket thing is an upgrade..

I could not fly the jet as people were waiting in like to fly

Apart from that, its a nice open map.. with 64 players.. its fun for me...

With the GTX580, resolution 1920x1080, will manually maxed out I get out about 47-60fps for both maps..

I need to try with 2560 resolution tomorrow..

After running as admin and disabling the In-game Origin, I was able to play for 40 minutes without any problems at all. I even found the reason for my fps' to drop so low is that if I alt-tab out and go back in, the game drops into the single digits until I alt+enter back in a second time and they go back to normal. On High-Ultra settings @ 4x AA I am getting 40-80 fps, with the lower amount in the beginning of the Rush with all of the trees. My biggest pet peeve about the game is you have to be alive to change your settings. I have died several times trying to just change my mouse sensitivity. I think that is something that should be changed because 90% of the time I want to change something when I die because that thing I am changing has to do with me dying. *Breath* So all in all, Krazypoloc, I better see you on tomorrow night and I have the 25% off code waiting for you :D

Oh yeah I'll be there buddy...just sent you, shallow, and the Asian friend requests on Origin...

Damnit. I want to leave work early and play some Caspian. You going to be on all night poloc? I figured you had a WoT clan match or somethin :P Anyone know if the password for the Caspian servers still work?

After running as admin and disabling the In-game Origin, I was able to play for 40 minutes without any problems at all. I even found the reason for my fps' to drop so low is that if I alt-tab out and go back in, the game drops into the single digits until I alt+enter back in a second time and they go back to normal. On High-Ultra settings @ 4x AA I am getting 40-80 fps, with the lower amount in the beginning of the Rush with all of the trees. My biggest pet peeve about the game is you have to be alive to change your settings. I have died several times trying to just change my mouse sensitivity. I think that is something that should be changed because 90% of the time I want to change something when I die because that thing I am changing has to do with me dying. *Breath* So all in all, Krazypoloc, I better see you on tomorrow night and I have the 25% off code waiting for you :D

Just came across this on [H].

"Here's a potential fix: Go to Windows firewall settings (type firewall into start menu search and hit enter), go to inbound rules, find the battlefield 3 rules (I have 4 of them on my system) and for each one, open properties, go to advanced, and at the bottom where it has an area for 'edge traversal' change the option to 'allow edge traversal' and hit OK. This was the same fix for a similar problem in the crysis 2 beta, which was almost identical, disconnects after 10-15 minutes every time you joined a server, and is probably the same kind of bug."

Damnit. I want to leave work early and play some Caspian. You going to be on all night poloc? I figured you had a WoT clan match or somethin :P Anyone know if the password for the Caspian servers still work?

I reposted the password above, yeah I will be on but not all night. I have a big interview tomorrow so I will probably be on till 11 or 12 CST.