Our random folding chat

mattyamdfanboi

oh wait.. i just reread it lol fail on my behalf.. id still go with 48 cores lol

Dual 48 core cpu's would be awesome :evilgrin: Heck by the time they come out we'll already have triple sockets with triple 48 cores with octo-sli GTX880's fused using lucid hydra v8.0 with octo-fire HD9990's with 256gb of DDR5 5000mhz ram on 2 petabyte SSD's powered by thermal nuclear 1000000 watt micro generators :wacko:

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but there are quad socket mobo's and physical 12 core cpu's now lol thats 48 cores, and that mobo supports 256 gbs ram, although i just looked at it again, it only has one, pcie 16x slot so no sli, but with one 580 it would still bench decently

RANDOM TOPIC (Lives up to the name of this thread :happy:)

Do you think we will ever pass the RAM limit for a 64 bit OS? What is it like...... 2^64 bytes = 18446744070000000000 bytes = 1844674407 Gigabytes of RAM.... :blink: OR is this just fail maths? :yucky:

Edited by Alexandre

RANDOM TOPIC (Lives up to the name of this thread :happy:)

Do you think we will ever pass the RAM limit for a 64 bit OS? What is it like...... 2^64 bytes = 18446744070000000000 bytes = 1844674407 Gigabytes of RAM.... :blink: OR is this just fail maths? :yucky:

From what I've heard from my old computer teacher (who used to work for Digital Equipment Corporation, an old server producer) servers used to run 128-bit OSes, so I think that eventually we will! To be fair though, the most any single version of Windows currently out there (un-modified at least) can address "only" 192GB. We won't hit that wall for a long time still...

In other news, these new i5s really rip through WUs. I've been running mine off and on (mostly on) and I'm getting PPD that my 9950+ and 5770 together wish they could do!

RogerDeath @ ExtremeOverclocking Folding Stats

Any ideas as to how well a 460 will preform against 2 250s ppd wise? I mean looking at my stats on that website roger posted i have sometimes 15 wus a day! Now that was not regular so i suppose it just depends on the wu, but do you think a 460 would do as well?