Our random folding chat

mattyamdfanboi

so as the title suggests this is gonna be mainly for speed, camaro and myself seeing as we're the only ones who talk too much in other threads about random stuff hahahah

so anyhow, speed, did u end up getting both cards to fold effectively?? i havent seen a bigadv unit from u in a while.. whats the deal?

btw im getting my 460 today :) just gotta slip on a shirt n some pants haha

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope that second card refuses to fold. As for the bigadvs what with all my maintenance recently and a power outage i lost 2. About about 43% of one now though. About the cards, i think im gonna sell one to upgrade my cpu cooler and seel the other at the end of the month and either pick up a 560 or a 460. I dont really use much gpu anyway apart from folding and my power use doubled after installing those 2.

Sounds like a good plan.. Gettin the new 460 today didn't go as planned... Had the boys come past for a BBQ and we all got smashed instead hahah not to mention it was hot as today as well so couldn't fold... But back on it now

New card will have to wait.. When's the 560 due out??? Might wait till it's out.. Prices will surely fall for the 460s..

Anybody ever had the smp client hang. I just checked fahmon when i got up and the smp client registed *hung* and according to the log it aint done anything since 1:45 last night. 10 mins after i went to bed :mellow: The whole night wasted for that bigadv.

Anybody ever had the smp client hang. I just checked fahmon when i got up and the smp client registed *hung* and according to the log it aint done anything since 1:45 last night. 10 mins after i went to bed :mellow: The whole night wasted for that bigadv.

it used to happen to me when I had gpu and spm running simultaneously. I didnt have it configured right. I had both set to idle, the cpu needs to be low with a gpu running.

Cpu would run fine on its own, but when gpu started intervals went from 10-20 minutes to 5-6 hours.

Edited by Savan

sadly any chance i had of keeping up with anyone disapeared, my psu burned up from a short, and i have to use this tiny netbook or go to the library, good luck folding, ill tell you all how many ppd an intel atom gets as soon as it turns one in soon, i hope its this week. lol