Corsair H70 or Coolermaster V10

mcw

If anyone has used both of these guys, which did/do you prefer? The V10 is extremely quiet (and the Psi-ca is better than 0.34 +- 1.0C - so it's efficient). Trying to make a decision on which one to use - so any comments or thoughts would be appreciated :)

Corsair H70 or Coolermaster V10...

Cost/price doesn't matter in this case (parts are already available)... I know the H70 costs a bit less than the V10, though.

I've had the V10 go through thermal validation, and it's actually pretty good (might still be under NDA on details - will have to check to verify). I haven't actually tested or tried the H70, though... Wondering if its thermal performance is on par or better than the V10, while also considering acoustics. The V10 runs almost silent (even while pushing a Sandy Bridge @ 100% in a thermal chamber, CPU cores never rose above 65C).

I'm good to go for either (but the reference system with the V10 isn't here for comparison), so wondering if anyone has any similar test results with the H70.

Personally I liked the space that my H50 saved! I'm just not a fan of a big tower cooler that covers up half your mobo and takes a bunch of space up, especially if you have a side window. But, just my opinion :) Also the Corsair is a solid performer to boot!

Edited by SpeedwayNative

I love my H70 I have at the moment ,but you should know that if your case doesnt lay horizontally , the V10 has a chance of cracking your mobo over a very long time of use.

I would say H70. The V10 is damn heavy and will most likely damage your motherboard over time as Nyt Ryda said and doesn't look as appealing in my opinion. Also with the H70 you can say to your friends that your pc is water cooled lol.

the V10 has a chance of cracking your mobo over a very long time of use.

Do you have any links or references to that - would like to check them out... That's definitely news to me...

It hasnt cracked anyone's mobo yet , but it does bend the mobo and it could break it if exposed to high g-forces .

I dont know why you are even considering the V10 , it sucks at cooling and is massive and is a danger to your pc . You could also not fit big ram coolers .

If you want a massive cooler , get the NH-D14.

• Like 1

It hasnt cracked anyone's mobo yet , but it does bend the mobo and it could break it if exposed to high g-forces .

We've had the V10 validated and tested (thermal chambers, acoustic chambers, etc..) - it does a great job... The motherboard bending (beyond motherboard rated flex) wasn't noticeable as long as proper torque was applied to all the mounts and the motherboard was mounted properly. I'd more interested in the cooling and acoustic performance. With many coolers (even Intel stock), there is always a bend/flex to the motherboard, it's expected (you wouldn't believe how much flex some motherboards can actually take and still function, they look weird).

The only main concern would be (as far as excessive forces) dropping the case, but that's not a normal scenario. I can say that the motherboard doesn't break, though (the forces applied actually go to the weakest point - the mounting screws for the cooler)...

I do appreciate everyone's input so far, though :) and it does appear that everyone despises the V10 - I've just had more experience with the V10 (and none with the H70)...