Corsair H70 or Coolermaster V10

mcw

Hmmm self contained water vs air... Hrmmmm big massive heat sink that costs too much vs tiny water block thing..

Like I've said - we've had the V10 validated, and its performance is excellent... I'll be setting up the H70 anyway (I have to)... I would just love to know how well it performs before I do... I haven't really seen any reviews out there comparing them with the same system. I guess I'll do that too once the V10 is back...

I would just love to know how well it performs before I do... I haven't really seen any reviews out there comparing them with the same system. I guess I'll do that too once the V10 is back...

Well my H70 runs my Phenom II X6 1090T at 4.2ghz at 1.5v and is stable at around 50C in prime , gaming doesnt even go over 45 as it stays at 40C in a 28C room playing 6 core intensive games like Bad Company 2 and Dirt 2 for hours

Like I've said - we've had the V10 validated, and its performance is excellent... I'll be setting up the H70 anyway (I have to)... I would just love to know how well it performs before I do... I haven't really seen any reviews out there comparing them with the same system. I guess I'll do that too once the V10 is back...

Maybe not 1 review comparing the 2 coolers. But all you have to do is get creative and use our own OCC team by comparing the H70 to the Cooler Master V10! Since both the H70 and V10 were tested on very similiar setups using an MSI mobo and i7 920, both of which used 3.33GHz as the OC. It is quite easy to see which cooler had lower temps! Also, read ccokeman's final paragraph on the testing page at the bottom. :cheers:

Thanks! About a 10C different on load - that's excellent :)

(I appreciate the links - never even looked at the heatsink review section, oops).

NP! Before going with my custom WC loop, I was anal about researching for best temps on coolers! Used an H50 for about 6 months and loved it! H70 is just an improved H50 ;)

Thanks! About a 10C different on load - that's excellent :)

(I appreciate the links - never even looked at the heatsink review section, oops).

Sry for the dbl post, site was acting a little funny, and just kept loading.

NP! Before going with my custom WC loop, I was anal about researching for best temps on coolers! Used an H50 for about 6 months and loved it! H70 is just an improved H50 ;)

Edited by SpeedwayNative

The real question should be whether you want to get the H70 or the CoolIT ECO ALC. wink.gif

Will have to check if CoolIT is available through our normal channels at work to check it out...

Thanks again for the input everyone - I appreciate it :)

Since our V10 is still out, I'm going to get the H70 setup with a Xeon W3570 (most power consuming single socket chip I have available for this)... Hopefully I'll be able to get it done soon (then have to get that full config validated as well, joys)...

The real question should be whether you want to get the H70 or the CoolIT ECO ALC. ;)

I know originally the CoolIT ECO ALC had some major quality issues, and the 1st batch was recalled. Not sure if those problems are now under control, since the unit wsa released quite awhile ago. But, I have heard stories of the Eco leaking and damaging other components, and people having to contact CoolIt about replacing damaged parts. Like I said though, they might have all of this fixed. Personally, I have always liked Corsair, and the way they stand behind all of their products. When I was looking into the H50 and the Coolit, I did a lot of research (googled like crazy) trying to decide which route to go with. But, in the end, I just felt Corsair was a better (performance and quality) choice!