Corsair H70 or Coolermaster V10

mcw

What fans are you going to use? I had to deal with the jet engine noise with those Scythe's ;) 133CFM rock when it comes to performance, but damn they are loud!

I have those 133 fans on a prolimatech megahalems. But to answer your questions Im going to use two scythe kaze-jun fans. They rate at 110 cfm and are not loud. Plus i have them on a fan controller.

I just installed my Corsair H70 in my CM Storm Scout case today and ran some tests at stock settings with OCCT. Big diff in temps so I will do soem OCing very soon. Here are some screens

2011010400h44cpu1.th.png

2011010400h44cpu2.th.png

2011010400h44cpu3.th.png

2011010400h44cpu4.th.png

H70 is better, though myself I want an H50 (ever since I read that it has a denser array of fins so as long as one has powerful fans....it's equal/better than the H70)

All the benchmarks I've seen prove otherwise, you'd prob need to scythe ultrakaze fans in a push/pull for that to beat an H70. A thinner radiator is less efficient at heat dissipation in my opinion. Same concept as a performance car, high HP engines have decently beefy radiators compared to an economobile.

Here are two more screens

Idle

idleq.th.png

Load

loadk.th.png

All the benchmarks I've seen prove otherwise, you'd prob need to scythe ultrakaze fans in a push/pull for that to beat an H70. A thinner radiator is less efficient at heat dissipation in my opinion. Same concept as a performance car, high HP engines have decently beefy radiators compared to an economobile.

Idle

idleq.th.png

Load

loadk.th.png

Here is where I saw it: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1555079

I guess that was a more insane setup but considering H50s can be found fairly easy for $50, and I already have the fans, the H50 would be better for me should I ever upgrade

here's a real indepth test too: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=329209

H70 is better, though myself I want an H50 (ever since I read that it has a denser array of fins so as long as one has powerful fans....it's equal/better than the H70)

I had the H50 Push/Pull with 2000rpm 90cfm fans and now have the H70 Push/Pull with 2000rpm 90cfm fans and I can say that the only thing that seperates the two is that the H70 handles higher voltage more easily since its double think. On the H50 I couldn't achieve 4.2ghz in the temp range I wanted but the H70 handles it very well. Im actually planning to get 4.3ghz or 4.4ghz if Im lucky.

The H70 has less fins per inch but it allows more air to pass through which makes it work well with any fan slower than 3000rpm. But if I wanted the best performance out of an H50 , I would put a pair of Delta 6000rpm 250cfm fans on it . That would beat even my H70 .

Idle

idleq.th.png

Load

loadk.th.png

Eco ALC i7 920 with HT on 23,22,22,20. Also most of the guys on here don't have C1E or speedstep enabled. I can see your at 1900mhz. Aren't 750's 2.6ghz? I could be wrong. Oh well.

miketemps.th.png