Corsair H70 or Coolermaster V10

mcw

I know originally the CoolIT ECO ALC had some major quality issues, and the 1st batch was recalled. Not sure if those problems are now under control, since the unit wsa released quite awhile ago. But, I have heard stories of the Eco leaking and damaging other components, and people having to contact CoolIt about replacing damaged parts. Like I said though, they might have all of this fixed. Personally, I have always liked Corsair, and the way they stand behind all of their products. When I was looking into the H50 and the Coolit, I did a lot of research (googled like crazy) trying to decide which route to go with. But, in the end, I just felt Corsair was a better (performance and quality) choice!

I own the ECO and thats not the case with me at all! It's a great cooler.

Looks like we do have access to CoolIt products - the Vantage ALC seems (price-wise) to be the same as the H70 (while the ECO ALC is priced about the same as the H50)... performance anyone?

I have a friend that has a H70 and a ECO ALC. In fact he has a bunch of diffrent CPU coolers. He recommends the H70 because it had better preformance compared to the ECO. I don't know the temp diffrence or what type of hardware he was using. But I will get that information soon.

I don't know the temp diffrence or what type of hardware he was using. But I will get that information soon.

Awesome! That's be great info to have...

Since it might be easier for us to deal with Corsair vs CoolIt (never dealt with them) - I'm thinking if it came down to it, we'd go with Corsair either way.. The ECO = H50 (pricing), and the Advantage = H70 pricing.

Awesome! That's be great info to have...

Since it might be easier for us to deal with Corsair vs CoolIt (never dealt with them) - I'm thinking if it came down to it, we'd go with Corsair either way.. The ECO = H50 (pricing), and the Advantage = H70 pricing.

if thats the case ill show you proof before he does im sure. this is my current temps with the eco and soon to be push and pull.

shoocc.th.png[/img]

I'll let you know once i add a second fan and oc the chip.

What fans are you going to use? I had to deal with the jet engine noise with those Scythe's ;) 133CFM rock when it comes to performance, but damn they are loud!

Wow - thanks guys! Those are definitely awesome temps for those coolers (versus comparably priced air-cooling only)... I'm probably going to end up building the following combinations to test the H70:

DX58SO2 + W3570

P67A-UD7 + 2600K

DP67BG + 2600K