3dMark 11

Water_Hazard

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to beat nyt's score with my 480. Will just say it's not working right now. It comes and goes and artifacts really bad when it does work

I'm only getting one 580 right know, want to see how msi overclocks before I buy a second one. If I don't like it I'll send it back and get something else.

What's happening to your GTX 480's? Aren't you downgrading if you're going from two GTX 480's to a single GTX 580?

+1 This is a definite downgrade from you current setup olokul. I'll take "2 x GTX 580 Upgrade Path For a $1000 Alex" :pfp:

(2) MSI 6970's xfire OC to 1005/1525

3dmark1110843.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

soon as my spare change jar is filled, I think another 6950 will be in order :D Being a server, it doesn't take much to fill it up in a couple months and it fits over $200. 5k points just isn't cutting it!

so i managed to pimp slap my failing 480 into working for a while and ran a few sli runs with my new overclocked ram :)

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/676502

since my card crapped out again and my second one doesnt overclock as well ive been trying to get over 11k on physics score... came really close, cant get anymore out of the cpu/ram volts are way to high for my likeing

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/676767

edit

new msi 580 will be in on monday. going to run it on air for a few weeks, should be alright have 16 ultra kaze fans in a push pull blowing air into my case so airflow is not a problem. once i pick up a second one ill rebuild the waterloop and really push them hard.

Edited by olokul

so i managed to pimp slap my failing 480 into working for a while and ran a few sli runs with my new overclocked ram :)

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/676502

since my card crapped out again and my second one doesnt overclock as well ive been trying to get over 11k on physics score... came really close, cant get anymore out of the cpu/ram volts are way to high for my likeing

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/676767

edit

new msi 580 will be in on monday. going to run it on air for a few weeks, should be alright have 16 ultra kaze fans in a push pull blowing air into my case so airflow is not a problem. once i pick up a second one ill rebuild the waterloop and really push them hard.

Dang Olo... Highest i got so far was 10600~ish i think. I dont think i can go any higher though. getting 4.47 stable in 3dmark is hard enough on air lol. The RAM has been an entirely different monster to make work, lol.

Dang Olo... Highest i got so far was 10600~ish i think. I dont think i can go any higher though. getting 4.47 stable in 3dmark is hard enough on air lol. The RAM has been an entirely different monster to make work, lol.

was able to do 4.67 @ 2034 on the ram. next step is 4.7 @ 2044 but was unable to get it to run in the physics test. had the cpu up to 1.59v and qpi to 1.65 with no luck :( i droped my multiplier down to 21 to get my ram higher but i start to drop sticks of ram once i get over 2100mhz

Edited by olokul

was able to do 4.67 @ 2034 on the ram. next step is 4.7 @ 2044 but was unable to get it to run in the physics test. had the cpu up to 1.59v and qpi to 1.65 with no luck :( i droped my multiplier down to 21 to get my ram higher but i start to drop sticks of ram once i get over 2100mhz

Yeah mine was too. I almost got one run off at 2155. But it BSOD'd and only came up with 2 sticks at that point. thats why i stopped. was worried that i killed one of the sticks!