3dMark 11

Water_Hazard

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MercuryDoun

fixed the ram issue with a bios update. who would of thought that being 3 bios down would cause ram issues :P all good in the hood... also it looks like the 480 block is a hit or miss on the 580 so i dont think it will work out

just got my delivery date for my 6950's for tomorrow

i should have no problem breaking 8200 :biggrin:

Cant wait to see the stock and overclocked scores of your 6950's and Speedway's 6970's!! I almost bought a 6950 or 6970. But i dunno, i havent got an nVidia card in a long time and i decided it was time, plus the overclocks of the non reference 570's looked SOOOO promising! And they were, so im glad i got what i got, lol. But still be nice to see what AMD has to offer since at heart im still an AMD/ATI Fanboi even though i have a Intel/nVidia rig lol.

MercuryDoun

fixed the ram issue with a bios update. who would of thought that being 3 bios down would cause ram issues :P all good in the hood... also it looks like the 480 block is a hit or miss on the 580 so i dont think it will work out

Lololol, right, only 3 revisions behind who would have thunk! I actually couldnt get my ram stable at anything over 1820mhz. I did a BIO's update to try and fix a sleep bug when overclocked with a bclk of 200+(of which the BIO's didnt help the sleep bug issue, of course) however something mentioned in the BIO's update was improved memory stabilty so i decided to Overclock the RAM again, got upto 1914mhz stable this time havent tried any higher, so those BIO's updates are pretty wicked!!

Dang, stupid waterblocks!!... well nothing wrong with 480's they are beastly. Why not just get yourself another 480 in replacement? Will cost less, and heck like i mentioned you could always get 2 more 480's for the tri-sli awesomeness lol... getting 2 more 480's would be only slightly more expensive than 1x 580 after MIR's and then im pretty sure 3x 480's beat 2x 580's, id say that puts you in a good position!

Cant wait to see the stock and overclocked scores of your 6950's and Speedway's 6970's!! I almost bought a 6950 or 6970. But i dunno, i havent got an nVidia card in a long time and i decided it was time, plus the overclocks of the non reference 570's looked SOOOO promising! And they were, so im glad i got what i got, lol. But still be nice to see what AMD has to offer since at heart im still an AMD/ATI Fanboi even though i have a Intel/nVidia rig lol.

Lololol, right, only 3 revisions behind who would have thunk! I actually couldnt get my ram stable at anything over 1820mhz. I did a BIO's update to try and fix a sleep bug when overclocked with a bclk of 200+(of which the BIO's didnt help the sleep bug issue, of course) however something mentioned in the BIO's update was improved memory stabilty so i decided to Overclock the RAM again, got upto 1914mhz stable this time havent tried any higher, so those BIO's updates are pretty wicked!!

Dang, stupid waterblocks!!... well nothing wrong with 480's they are beastly. Why not just get yourself another 480 in replacement? Will cost less, and heck like i mentioned you could always get 2 more 480's for the tri-sli awesomeness lol... getting 2 more 480's would be only slightly more expensive than 1x 580 after MIR's and then im pretty sure 3x 480's beat 2x 580's, id say that puts you in a good position!

so after some testing i found out that once i go over 1854mhz with the new corsair ram i drop a stick, so i get 10gigs @ 2004mhz. put my old mushkin ram back in and can hit 2004mhz with all 12 gigs with a 9-10-9-28 timming. so back goes the new ram and and hello two 580's with a 480 for physx :)

cpu 4.61 23x200 ram 2004mhz 9-10-9-28

here's just a physics run on my old ram 33.79fps 10643score

Edited by olokul

so after some testing i found out that once i go over 1854mhz with the new corsair ram i drop a stick, so i get 10gigs @ 2004mhz. put my old mushkin ram back in and can hit 2004mhz with all 12 gigs with a 9-10-9-28 timming. so back goes the new ram and and hello two 580's with a 480 for physx :)

cpu 4.61 23x200 ram 2004mhz 9-10-9-28

here's just a physics run on my old ram 33.79fps 10643score

GAH... Im never gonna catch you! I was just gonna suggest trying your old ram, mine just booted up no problem at 2015mhz. Im at 9-11-9-27 2N to test stability but im gonna try and tighten timings a bit if i can. No chance of beating your Pscore or GPU score now!! But dangit ive still gotta chance for the cpu physics!!

Man Mushkin RAM is amazing at Overclocking aint it?!?!??!!! Hows about when you place that order for those 580's you order a couple for me too? biggrin.gif You know... for the sake of competition?! Lol, I could barely afford a 570! I shouldnt have bought it in the first place, i just got a new car! But after last year i decided i deserved another new toy for all my hard work.

**EDIT** Cant seem to keep my board stable with the memory that high. Keep getting x00000124 BSOD's which in my experience is always QPI voltage, what the heck, its at 1.40! What QPI did you need to get your ram stable Olo? Im testing Prime95 Blend test so maybe thats my problem... Should i just jump right into the 3dmark cpu test and see what happens? Cant believe my board is gonna keep me from goin any higher and not the cheap memory, lol. Annnnd EDIT AGAIN, apparently 1.425v on the QPI did the trick... Seems Awfully high though, ive never had to use more than 1.35 before.

Volts right now

CPU 1.59

Qpi. 1.59

Dram 1.72

PLL. 1.89

Thats what I had it set to to hit 4.86 in super pi 1m

I need to play around with them. I was able to hit 2015 but not the next bump up to 2025 it crashed in the physics test

Helps that I have a full waterblock for the mb. Max temp on CPU is 89 so I am getting close to the max for the CPU

Edited by olokul

Volts right now

CPU 1.59

Qpi. 1.59

Dram 1.72

PLL. 1.89

Thats what I had it set to to hit 4.86 in super pi 1m

I need to play around with them. I was able to hit 2015 but not the next bump up to 2025 it crashed in the physics test

Helps that I have a full waterblock for the mb. Max temp on CPU is 89 so I am getting close to the max for the CPU

Just ran the bench at 2055mhz 7-11-8-24 2T, lolol... But only at 4.3Ghz, stupid 21x multiplier on my 930 is holding me back at this point(i could use the 22x, but its unstable as poop on my i7 and required a TON more voltage). Gonna shoot for 4.4Ghz now though, DUnno what the memory is gonna do at 2100mhz.

Full waterblock for the board sounds nice, im alittle worried about my board now, poor thing! QPI at 1.425v, ram is at 1.68v. Im "Nice" to my CPU though, i refuse to punch more than 1.45 through it on air cooling, temps soar into the 80's pretty quick for me at that point.

post-73007-12979095591125_thumb.png

Just ran the bench at 2055mhz 7-11-8-24 2T, lolol... But only at 4.3Ghz, stupid 21x multiplier on my 930 is holding me back at this point(i could use the 22x, but its unstable as poop on my i7 and required a TON more voltage). Gonna shoot for 4.4Ghz now though, DUnno what the memory is gonna do at 2100mhz.

Full waterblock for the board sounds nice, im alittle worried about my board now, poor thing! QPI at 1.425v, ram is at 1.68v. Im "Nice" to my CPU though, i refuse to punch more than 1.45 through it on air cooling, temps soar into the 80's pretty quick for me at that point.

You are a braver man than I ;) I would never push 1.45v until I was under water :cheers:

Reset my block and ram doing 4.0 @ 2117mhz on the ram still at 9-10-9-28 2n

Was able to boot in at 4.47 ram 2134 but not stable in physics test yet :)

Edited by olokul

You are a braver man than I ;) I would never push 1.45v until I was under water :cheers:

You'd be amazed at the temps my megahalems pulls with every fan in my case running at 100%. Its not bad at all. Just in the 1.40-1.45 area its creeps into the high 80's really fast, ive never run prime95 for more than 15 minutes due to hitting 90c. Its still decent for air though!

Reset my block and ram doing 4.0 @ 2117mhz on the ram still at 9-10-9-28 2n

Was able to boot in at 4.47 ram 2134 but not stable in physics test yet :)

I angrily gave up and decided to give it a rest for now after repeated failures at 4.47ghz on the cpu and 2135mhz on the memory @ 8-11-8-24 It wasnt BSOD'n it was just freezing. I think i needed to loosen the timings a bit. Still just annoying without any solid info as to why it failed, but again due to the just straight freezing it had to have been the tight timings i was trying to run it at. Decided it was time to take a break and play some games for fun instead. I did however get my ram to run swimmingly at 1914mhz 7-10-7-24 with my cpu at 4.0Ghz... which is AWESOME for my new 24/7 settings if it tests out good.